Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 13-10-2018 08:19 PM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
creepyg
Explorer
Options

Took a wander down to the shop. My phone has now overtaken the GW step count. Still can't explain the earlier result.Screenshot_20181011-163227_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20181011-163221_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
g_t_j
Pioneer
Options

Cheers @GaryBrett

Mine went back today. I'm hoping for a refund early next week.

Will monitor this forum closely and re-order my unit from Samsung if the issues get smoothed out.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
g_t_j
Pioneer
Options
Gary, I hope you won't have to go through all this again and the watch will be fine this time.
Please keep us posted! :smiling-face:
0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

Brilliant. That's a surprise. I've seen an improvement and I hope you do too. You've got another 28 days anyway! 

0 Likes
Tasaran
Apprentice
Options

After a whole day wearing both Vivoactive 3 and GW on the same arm, the Vivoactive won by 200 steps.

Stair tracking dont work. 4 to 0. Calories burned about 300 behind Vivoactive

HR on GW was about the same as the Vivoactive, ONLY losing the HR 3 times. Now, testing sleep mode.

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@Tasaran wrote:

After a whole day wearing both Vivoactive 3 and GW on the same arm, the Vivoactive won by 200 steps.

HR on GW was about the same as the Vivoactive, ONLY losing the HR 3 times. Now, testing sleep mode.

Don't forget to keep heart rate taking on continuous to get the four stages. I've hardly ever had any deep sleep so will be interesting too see what you get recorded. 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@lisafox16 - The men in black have been back, 10pm Thursday is their time it appears 😎

Anyway here's the update..

-------------------------------

Nothing specific yet, an update went out for some of our older devices like the Gear S2 where it seemed to have helped with the HR sensors and Step counting, so it's starting to look software related. But it still isn't 100% confirmed. I'm continuing to keep on our teams though so hopefully soon they'll give me something I can provide as an actual answer. 

---------------------------------------

All positive for now 🤞

0 Likes
Dwang
Journeyman
Options

Hello I have the same problem.

More then 7000 steps on my S7.

0 steps on my galaxy watch.

General problem I think.

End of the week no solution.

Watch back whitin return policy coolblue.

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Gary - how has your first day been with the GW?