Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 09-09-2018 11:51 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

Steps and heart rate.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

The battery on 42mm still annoying me. Was fine - getting to end of the second day after decent usage without an issue, then suddenly any activity (notifications, checking steps, turning on/off HRM) uses up battery really quickly. I even turned it on to 'Power Saving Mode' which predicted 3 days+ left but it used 4% in a hour. Overnight on a full charge with goodnight mode on used to use 6-8% with HRM on; last night, it was 18% with no HRM. 

Have reset the watch again and have uninstalled Spotify to see if that is an issue. 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

- 

@GaryBrett have they told you there will be stock in the next few days or just your replacement? 

I'm tinking I'll start the process of returning mine tomorrow. 

Regarding your earlier question, my replacement order status just changed from order placed as below, still not 100% sure about this!

replace.PNG

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

- 

@GaryBrett have they told you there will be stock in the next few days or just your replacement? 

I'm tinking I'll start the process of returning mine tomorrow. 

Regarding your earlier question, my replacement order status just changed from order placed as below, still not 100% sure about this!

replace.PNG

I think I received mine a couple of days after it changed to preparing dispatch. Fingers crossed!

0 Likes
Tasaran
Apprentice
Options

Dont know what happened but noe th GW is beating the Vivoactive 3 in step counting. I did a factory reset 3 days ago in order  to send it back. Decided to Try one more time. With both watches om the same arm, the GW is ahead with about 200steps. All taken at home. Going to see when im going to sleep and see what the result is

0 Likes
creepyg
Explorer
Options

I'm seeing an odd result today too. My GW has counted more than my phone for the first time. Haven't done anything different today that I'm aware of.Screenshot_20181011-151119_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20181011-151126_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

These 2 step examples are very much in line with what happened last week right before the latest update hit the UK :thinking-face:

Im not even sure its possible for Samsung to perform over the air silent updates but it is very strange how suddenly things marginally improve for some users out of the blue, my bet is an update is on its way very soon if it follows last weeks events?

Heres hoping

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

I don't want to speak too soon but I'm seeing a vast improvement on steps and heart rate as well, but this is after the update the UK received last week. I haven't worn it at night for some time (been wearing my S3) so don't know whether sleep data has improved so far as deep and REM sleep is concerned, but I think that is something that only an update can rectify.

0 Likes