Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 11/10/18 23:37)
J8cko
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

564 REPLIES 564
creepyg
Explorer
Options
Wearables

I'm seeing an odd result today too. My GW has counted more than my phone for the first time. Haven't done anything different today that I'm aware of.Screenshot_20181011-151119_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20181011-151126_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Wearables

These 2 step examples are very much in line with what happened last week right before the latest update hit the UK :thinking-face:

Im not even sure its possible for Samsung to perform over the air silent updates but it is very strange how suddenly things marginally improve for some users out of the blue, my bet is an update is on its way very soon if it follows last weeks events?

Heres hoping

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options
Wearables

I don't want to speak too soon but I'm seeing a vast improvement on steps and heart rate as well, but this is after the update the UK received last week. I haven't worn it at night for some time (been wearing my S3) so don't know whether sleep data has improved so far as deep and REM sleep is concerned, but I think that is something that only an update can rectify.

0 Likes
creepyg
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Took a wander down to the shop. My phone has now overtaken the GW step count. Still can't explain the earlier result.Screenshot_20181011-163227_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20181011-163221_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
g_t_j
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Cheers @GaryBrett

Mine went back today. I'm hoping for a refund early next week.

Will monitor this forum closely and re-order my unit from Samsung if the issues get smoothed out.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Wearables

0 Likes
g_t_j
Explorer
Options
Wearables
Gary, I hope you won't have to go through all this again and the watch will be fine this time.
Please keep us posted! :smiling-face:
0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options
Wearables

@GaryBrett wrote:

Brilliant. That's a surprise. I've seen an improvement and I hope you do too. You've got another 28 days anyway! 

0 Likes
Tasaran
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

After a whole day wearing both Vivoactive 3 and GW on the same arm, the Vivoactive won by 200 steps.

Stair tracking dont work. 4 to 0. Calories burned about 300 behind Vivoactive

HR on GW was about the same as the Vivoactive, ONLY losing the HR 3 times. Now, testing sleep mode.

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options
Wearables

@Tasaran wrote:

After a whole day wearing both Vivoactive 3 and GW on the same arm, the Vivoactive won by 200 steps.

HR on GW was about the same as the Vivoactive, ONLY losing the HR 3 times. Now, testing sleep mode.

Don't forget to keep heart rate taking on continuous to get the four stages. I've hardly ever had any deep sleep so will be interesting too see what you get recorded. 

0 Likes
m4tthall
Explorer
Options
Wearables

@lisafox16 wrote:

@Tasaran wrote:

Don't forget to keep heart rate taking on continuous to get the four stages. I've hardly ever had any deep sleep so will be interesting too see what you get recorded. 

I had my first deep sleep recorded last night, not sure why though. I did have a couple of beers before bed but that wasn't the first time 😁

0 Likes
Rickray
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Anyone has problem with the floor counter? These few days GW counted more than 50 floors but I hardly climb any stairs

0 Likes
F4x3D
First Poster
Options
Wearables

i have opposite issue of floor counter.  Every 1.5 flights count as 1

at home my 1 flight counts as 0

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Looks like another update is being rolled out starting in the US.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-galaxy-watch-update-battery_id110024

0 Likes
Grabiesh
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I just received my replacement. I'll see how the step recording and HR measurement is and will post the results. I'm still using my Garmin Vivoactive, something to compare against. 

0 Likes
Tb1x
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

After I have talked to Samsung (Sweden) several times regarding step counter and HR problem they finally said that it was a software issue :thinking-face: and that they will solve it with an update but they couldn't say when this update is coming :smiling-face:

Can the be right, an update will fix those issues?

Any way, no update for me almost this 4 weeks I had the GW so today I will return them because I have one 42 and one 46 with the same issue.

Really bad by Samsung.... 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Wearables

- 

Not saying the same will happen but if you search this forum you can see Samsung suggested the very same fix for the same issues on the Gear Watch back in January.

Those early posters are still on that thread 10 month later with no fix it appears, hopefully it wont be the same on GW but worth noting. Im on my second watch with 2nd firmware update and HR, steps,stairs and sleep still not functioning correctly.

Keep hoping :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Wearables

-

May I ask why you moved from Garmin VivoActive to GW? After all te troubles I have had I was thinking of going the other way, GW to Garmin?

0 Likes
Grabiesh
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

@GaryBrett wrote:

-

May I ask why you moved from Garmin VivoActive to GW? After all te troubles I have had I was thinking of going the other way, GW to Garmin?

I had VivoActive for a while. I was thinking that GW would be an upgrade, not downgrade. I can already confirm, the difference between GW and Garmin. Both Garmin and phone recorded around 11500 steps thorughout the day, GW only 9560. It has improved from what it was before exchange but it's still an issue. The HR also drops from time to time. I keep wearing both Vivo and GW for the time being, not the perfect sollution. When I go for a running both are recording similar number of steps, distance and so on. 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Wearables

Grabiesh
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I just noticed that mine doesn't even record HR, the last record for walking is just the speed shown. I checked the record for HR. Unbelievable... SmartSelect_20181019-103810_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes