Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 20-09-2018 09:50 AM)
J8cko
Explorer
Options

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

568 REPLIES 568
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Johnerz That's exactly what they told me last night, actually worse, no idea when they will be replenished was the phrase! That may well have been someone who didnt know a great deal but she initially quoted me 3-5 working days until I informed her of UK stock levels.

My local Argos has some in stock for immediate collection, I was tempted but until I know what the actual issue is I'm holding back..No point in buying another watch with the same problems
0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

The silly thing is, if it is a software/firmware given that some have no issues all they need to do is allow the user to update the watch even though it thinks it's got the latest software. Surely that would allow the user to reinstall and voila! 

0 Likes
Grabiesh
Journeyman
Options

I just got an email from Samsung support telling me to make sure the watch is running the latest version. Obviously it is, there was no update! It's like going in circles, clear your cache, clear data, do a factory reset. For £300 I expect the watch to work out of the box, not to go through all the hastle. I'm waiting for their reply. On the top of that, it seems that HR monitor doesn't work properly. Looks like sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I noticed that for the last couple of days it does not record sleep data properly. I'm waiting for the support to come back to me. Still no addmission that there is an issue!

0 Likes
darrenthefish
Apprentice
Options

@PJA1 wrote:

Turn Elliptical and rowing auto detection off. This is a short term fix. 

Thank you.

I can confirm that this temporary fix worked for me after experiencing the same issue.

---Update---

This does not fix my issue regarding step count. I have noticed that the first 20 or 30 steps I take after inactivity still do not appear to be counted at all!

0 Likes
Dobba
Explorer
Options

I've bought 2 watches, one for my partner and both have step and floor issues. This is most definitely a software issue and I hope they update them soon. My steps have dropped by 4000 a day easy and the only way to get some reading that's near is to have the s health app on my phone reading phone and galaxy watch steps combined. Problem with this is that my watch only shows what steps have been counted on it and will not sync the steps from the phone so it always reads wrong. I've tried wearing a fitbit on the same arm to confirm steps and they're nowhere near each other.

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Rang samsung support this morning. They told me that it sounds like my hardware is faulty regards the step counter and it should register every step. 

Argos are getting some more next week so as long as i dont miss this new stock im going to get mine exchanged to see. If its still the same then lets see if software updates are the answer.

Has anybody who has had this problem received an exchange yet and found it to work ok?

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Argos have got some coming next week but i bet by the time i get there they'll have gone.

Its all confusing some say its software samsung tell me its hardware. Samsung also said its only a small amount with issues compared to the amount sold.

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Whilst mine seems to be working okay - I am obviously concerned about all the issues others are having. 

I'm not too concerned about returning it within the first two weeks as if the step counter or battery etc aren't working after a month or two Samsung should still exchange it for you and I want to have the duo charger before I exchange (if I do).

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Yes but lets see some of these people in the UK who have a prefectly functioning watch or better still a more informed Sales / Web Support team who could confidently advise either way.

I have absolutely no inside knowledge and no nothing really but my suspicion is software related, Im reluctant to let go of what I have in case something goes 'missing' or worse I get a refurbished unit back from one of those many claiming to have sent theirs back :smiling-face:

Ive only got until 4th October to decide so testing it out like a lunatic, never ran/walked/swam/lifted so much in my life, Im ripped :face-with-tears-of-joy: