Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 46mm Not counting steps

(Topic created on: 19/09/18 11:42)
J8cko
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Received my galaxy watch on Friday but no matter what I do I cannot get the step counter to work properly, I've tried all the suggested things to fix the problem but nothing works, the step count is so intermittent or dosent work at all. 

If I get up and walk around it counts nothing, jog up the stairs and it starts counting, sit down and get up again and the watch stops counting. 

I've seen alot of posts with people with the same problem and all of them returning there watches, I love the watch and don't really want to return it if it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Anyone else UK having the same issue

565 REPLIES 565
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Wearables

Not to worry anyone but I spoke to Samsung Supervisor this evening in the UK who also offered me a replacement.

When pressed she said we have no idea when UK stock will be replenished, I said could it be 3-4 weeks? Possibly not but we have no idea at present..

I asked if I could retain the faulty one until they had stock, she refused, I refused. No further forward.. Frustrating isn't the word.

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options
Wearables
I've been told exactly the same Gary, "we've had no other complaints regarding this......."!!
0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Wearables
Have you a source for that Danny?
0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options
Wearables
As source for what. Cant see the comment your referring to. If its the stock comment then samsung uk and argos are both out. Argos have stopoed even advertising it
0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Wearables
@Dannyboy236
"Samsung U.S have announced its an issue and a software update is happening soon if not already."
It was that one I was referring back to, sorry should have quoted it. Curious to see the official statement from Samsung US as I can quote it myself in my chats with tech support who tell me I'm the only one with this issue..

As for stock, last night they told me they have absolutely no idea when its back in UK stock, Im holding on to mine until the very last day of my 28 days, I'll make a decision then.
0 Likes
Johnerz
Explorer
Options
Wearables

If they tell me that they don't have stock and I have to wait for several weeks I'm getting my money back and will look at getting a Garmin, the Huawei Watch or another Google Wear OS watch.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Wearables
Johnerz That's exactly what they told me last night, actually worse, no idea when they will be replenished was the phrase! That may well have been someone who didnt know a great deal but she initially quoted me 3-5 working days until I informed her of UK stock levels.

My local Argos has some in stock for immediate collection, I was tempted but until I know what the actual issue is I'm holding back..No point in buying another watch with the same problems
0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options
Wearables

The silly thing is, if it is a software/firmware given that some have no issues all they need to do is allow the user to update the watch even though it thinks it's got the latest software. Surely that would allow the user to reinstall and voila! 

0 Likes
Grabiesh
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I just got an email from Samsung support telling me to make sure the watch is running the latest version. Obviously it is, there was no update! It's like going in circles, clear your cache, clear data, do a factory reset. For £300 I expect the watch to work out of the box, not to go through all the hastle. I'm waiting for their reply. On the top of that, it seems that HR monitor doesn't work properly. Looks like sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I noticed that for the last couple of days it does not record sleep data properly. I'm waiting for the support to come back to me. Still no addmission that there is an issue!

0 Likes
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Has anybody had a replacement watch? If so is the step counter working properly?

0 Likes
Jarvinhio14
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Already sent mine back because of this fault. Received it back today and it has the same errors. Fed up with it already! 20180922_232037.jpg7C30B7B8-FDD9-45FE-8CDB-CB88141D8011.jpeg

0 Likes
klythawk
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Has anyone in the UK who pre-ordered the Galaxy Watch received there free duo charger yet ? When i contacted Samsung i was told shipping would be by the 29th Sep, hopefully they stick to that date.

0 Likes
Bghatter
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

No,. Called the service desk yesterday and she said should get this week

Grabiesh
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

@klythawk wrote:

Has anyone in the UK who pre-ordered the Galaxy Watch received there free duo charger yet ? When i contacted Samsung i was told shipping would be by the 29th Sep, hopefully they stick to that date.

I have received mine couple of days ago. But it's going back. As I requested replacement for my watch, they told me to send the charger back too, even though it's working fine. They'll send both once they collected the ones I have.

Dobba
Explorer
Options
Wearables

I received mine on Friday. I received an email the day before with tracking number etc.

klythawk
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Retuned my Galaxy Watch today for a full refund. I decided to buy a new Gear Sport and have compared it to the Galaxy Watch 42mm over the the last 2 days using identical settings. The Gear Sport came pre loaded with Tizen 3.0.0.1 and records steps around the house just like my GearFit2 which i've always found very good. In simple terms miles better than the Galaxy Watch. On a 3 mile walk the step counts on both watches was very similar, the Gear Sport recording a 1% higher total. Battery usage over the 2 days almost identical as well. I've no intention of upgrading to Tizen 3.0.0.2 and i'm delighted with the Gear Sport's step tracking. I also prefer the slightly thicker wrist band that comes with the Gear Sport, makes the Galaxy watch band feel a little thin. Will be interesting to see if Samsung solve the problem of not counting steps with Galaxy Watch's, for me, i'm very happy with an older model which works as it should. 

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Wearables

What about HR and calories burnt on the Gear Sport, can you let us know if they are also more accurate? Are you using Health V6 to track still?

Thanks 

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options
Wearables

Both watches use 20mm bands so you could wear the same Gear Sport band on the Galaxy (if I am not mistaken)?

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options
Wearables

@JK2017 wrote:

Both watches use 20mm bands so you could wear the same Gear Sport band on the Galaxy (if I am not mistaken)?

No the GW 46mm takes 22mm watch straps. 

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options
Wearables

Ah. Just seen the poster had the 42mm GW so yes you're correct the 20mm straps will fit both. 

0 Likes
klythawk
Explorer
Options
Wearables

@ GaryBrett.

Sorry, i can't help you much, i've never bothered checking the calories burned and my heart rate reading is very low at the best of times due to eptopic beats not being recorded. As of today the step count is 15817, which includes 2 walks of just over 3 miles and pottering arond the house. Calories burned total is 1839, i wouldn't know whether that is good or bad. BTW, i'm 72 and not into keeping fit in a big way, i just like to do a minimum of walking 3 miles every day.