Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The Frame (2021), Xbox Series X and Firmware 1506

(Topic created on: 08-04-2023 03:22 AM)
BrontoTaurus
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

We got 2x The Frame 65" 2021 and 2x Xbox Series X.

Two days ago one frame suddenly stopped working with the HDMI "Game Port".

The day after the other one experienced the same and now none of the TV's HDMI "Game Port" works with the Xbox. TV's just displays a "check input power source" message.

Connecting the XBOX to another HDMI-port works fine.

I checked the latest firmware @ Samsung support page and it says 1506 was made available last week, so my hypothesis is that it breaks "HDMI Game-port" functionality when using the xbox series x 4k/120hz.

I've played around with disabling VRR, HDR etc. on the xbox to no avail. Also had Samsung support remove into the TVs and first reset EDID(?) and then full factory reset.

Didn't fix the issue.

Currently using another HDMI for the Xbox but would prefer to get it back into the GAME-port as this supposedly provides a better picture and VRR-support etc.

Anyone got ideas? :smiling-face: 

403 REPLIES 403
tianzzzz
First Poster
Options

Hey! Just wondering if you found a solution for this? I recently started having this issue. A bit strange

0 Likes
Members_By349ls
First Poster
Options

Hi, i have the same issue for months... nothing can solve it even with the last firmware 2401...

I have a blackscreen. This frame TV is bulls**t.

0 Likes
eternity365
Journeyman
Options

The firmware update fixed it for me. I wonder if it is really a hardware issue in your case.

0 Likes
MartyLeonard
First Poster
Options

For anyone still experiencing this issue as of Sept 2023 with their 2021 Frame:

I just purchased an Open Box 65in 2021 Frame last week. Everything works fine except Game Mode on HDMI port 4 with my PS5. Firmware has now been updated far beyond the 1227 fix mentioned elsewhere in this thread. I tried every troubleshooting trick in the book including new HDMI cable, power cycling TV+PS5, turning off HDCP on PS5, changing 4k transfer rate, etc. 

What finally fixed it was turning off VRR in the PS5 settings. Obviously not the greatest if you're hellbent on having VRR in your games, but turning VRR off allowed me to have HDR in-game at 4k. There's something with the VRR enabled in Game Mode on the Frame that doesn't play nice with the VRR setting on PS5. Hope this helps. 

0 Likes