Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The Frame (2021), Xbox Series X and Firmware 1506

(Topic created on: 26-05-2021 12:36 AM)
BrontoTaurus
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

We got 2x The Frame 65" 2021 and 2x Xbox Series X.

Two days ago one frame suddenly stopped working with the HDMI "Game Port".

The day after the other one experienced the same and now none of the TV's HDMI "Game Port" works with the Xbox. TV's just displays a "check input power source" message.

Connecting the XBOX to another HDMI-port works fine.

I checked the latest firmware @ Samsung support page and it says 1506 was made available last week, so my hypothesis is that it breaks "HDMI Game-port" functionality when using the xbox series x 4k/120hz.

I've played around with disabling VRR, HDR etc. on the xbox to no avail. Also had Samsung support remove into the TVs and first reset EDID(?) and then full factory reset.

Didn't fix the issue.

Currently using another HDMI for the Xbox but would prefer to get it back into the GAME-port as this supposedly provides a better picture and VRR-support etc.

Anyone got ideas? :smiling-face: 

Go to solution
403 REPLIES 403
r1skbreak3r
First Poster
Options

Just wanted to say that this worked for me - 65" 2021 Frame + Xbox Series X. Originally I was able to switch into 4K/120Hz but then got "no signal" error after rebooting the Xbox, and couldn't even do 4k/60Hz after that. It worked after a reboot of the TV, but only on the dashboard. I got a blank screen after trying to launch any game.

I put the update file on a 16Gb FAT32 stick in the front right USB port, managed to get into the service menu using a Harmony remote, and ran the update file - it didn't seem to run at first, or took longer than 10 seconds, but the TV did eventually reboot, and now it works perfectly. The game mode overlay shows it running at 120fps regularly.

It's crazy that you need to jump through such hoops to get this working. Why can't it just be another automatic firmware update?

0 Likes
JD42
First Poster
Options

Ok, so everything was working fine besides the HDCP issue with the PS5, disabled and everything works fine. Now Samsung release a new update 2001.3 with a new micom version (1228) and sound is a problem again. No sound on startup! Anyone knows of anyway to roll back to  the previous version or at least a fix?

0 Likes
Rajvernekar
Journeyman
Options

1227 worked for me. No more finicky hdmi port 4 with my PS5. The Frame 65 2021 model

0 Likes
Singletail
First Poster
Options

Rather than downloading from a sketchy file sharing site, take a look at the official support page for your model. I just downloaded version 2001 from the official support page, installed it via USB, and it fixed game mode on input 4. No special remote required.

0 Likes
Marahn
First Poster
Options

Can you share the link please?

0 Likes
endrush
First Poster
Options

You can find the latest official firmware and a manual for the upgrade process here (55 inch model): https://www.samsung.com/hu/support/model/QE55LS03AAUXXH/#downloads

Finally it really solves the 4K/120hz issue but it seems that HDR is disabled constantly.  Has anyone experienced this?

0 Likes
endrush
First Poster
Options

Update: I forgot to enable game mode on tv :smiling-face:
Now it works like a charm. Thanks samsung for fixing this issue.

0 Likes
ClassAlpha
First Poster
Options

I followed the instructions using the flash drive method and the old remote back on page 2 to roll back to sub-micom version T-NM2FRJP-1227 (which I still had stored on my flash drive from the first time).  It's working, at least right now.  I also turned auto-updates to "Off" until it looks like there is a later firmware update where we don't have these problems.

0 Likes
N1CKG
First Poster
Options

I did the Sub-Micom 1227 update manually and all was good for a while. I had also specifically turned off Auto Updates however it seemed like Samsung completed a forced update and bypassed having the updates disabled.  Thankfully the forced update to Firmware 2001.3 with a new micom version (1228) appears to work perfectly fine with Xbox Series X 120Hz. 

0 Likes
Samfa12
First Poster
Options

This is very interesting. I have a 2021 65" frame. 

I'm getting 4k, 120hz, hdr and vrr on port 4 (ps5 and series x).

When changing over from 60 to 120hz content I occasionally run into a 'no signal found' error. I troubleshoot, let the TV test the hdmi cable and let it tell me I need to lower the resolution, but then I cancel and it all works fine. Game bar confirms vrr, hdr and greater than 60fps while the input confirms uhd.

0 Likes