Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The Frame (2021), Xbox Series X and Firmware 1506

(Topic created on: 26-05-2021 12:36 AM)
BrontoTaurus
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

We got 2x The Frame 65" 2021 and 2x Xbox Series X.

Two days ago one frame suddenly stopped working with the HDMI "Game Port".

The day after the other one experienced the same and now none of the TV's HDMI "Game Port" works with the Xbox. TV's just displays a "check input power source" message.

Connecting the XBOX to another HDMI-port works fine.

I checked the latest firmware @ Samsung support page and it says 1506 was made available last week, so my hypothesis is that it breaks "HDMI Game-port" functionality when using the xbox series x 4k/120hz.

I've played around with disabling VRR, HDR etc. on the xbox to no avail. Also had Samsung support remove into the TVs and first reset EDID(?) and then full factory reset.

Didn't fix the issue.

Currently using another HDMI for the Xbox but would prefer to get it back into the GAME-port as this supposedly provides a better picture and VRR-support etc.

Anyone got ideas? :smiling-face: 

Go to solution
403 REPLIES 403
DadMaster
Student
Options

Have the exact same issue. There is actually a Samsung Tech at my house now, he's on hour 3 of trying to get this fixed. Mine is the issue with Xbox Series X, and weirdly enough, I swapped it to the 2nd HDMI port and it works fine, and somehow the Xbox and a game (Fortnite) seemed to be showing 4k 120. Which shouldn't be possible on any other hdmi port other than the 4th one, right? 

This guy is getting super frustrated, lol. How in the world has this still not be fixed? Sumsung is paying for all this right now and surely it's a simple software update. I'll let everyone know what happens. 

0 Likes
DadMaster
Student
Options

Ok so wow. The tech (contractor for Samsung) said that Samsung will not push the update over, and will not send it over to him via email. He said that he has to file his service record and ticket, and that the next step is that I (being me, not the tech support they sent out) will actually have to call Samsung support again and specifically request a certain file be sent out on a thumbstick. This file will allow me to update the tv to fix the issue. 

I say should, because I don't know how much I trust anything Samsung is saying at this point. More to follow! 

0 Likes
C1oudraker
Journeyman
Options

The file is available from this thread if you go back through it.

0 Likes
VelociRaptor226
First Poster
Options

Has the PS5 system update released today (3/23/2022) messed it up for you? Your solution worked out like a charm for me but somehow after I updated my PS5 today the same issue just showed up again. Not sure what happened…

0 Likes
SuperGrug
First Poster
Options

Can you confirm with a photo what Sub Micom version your TV is reporting?

0 Likes
Abdul Ullah
First Poster
Options

Bro have you fixed it or had any solutions since I’m on hdmi port4 on ps5 every time goes in warzone or the signal goes off I have found a solution where I have to take the main plug out and wait for frame sign load up and reconnects me to ps5 screen but I have to do that every time it goes off plug the frame plug out the connect one box and plug it back in instantly after removing it?

0 Likes
Techno Babble
First Poster
Options

Hi @BrontoTaurus 

Looks like the download link is dead - any chance of a reupload?

I'm having the same issue with my 2022 Model I just got yesterday - I hope this firmware does the trick.

0 Likes
Members_3XcWnH1
First Poster
Options

Hi all I've have had issue with xbx and ps5 losing signal.i had been using xbx 120hz but had to disable hdr.

Finally found this thread so now after updating to the 1227 I can now play 120hz with hdr and vvr.

Thank tpu guys so much for this.

It works Simples.

Shame on samsung not releasing this before. 

Habib2
Student
Options

please help me my bro I’m at hospital with my daughter been trying to get this sorted been 3 months now just need to update it how do I do it like any usb and download that link and do the thread thing one of the Samsung guys came had it installed on his usb but couldn’t bloody install it so much for Samsung help 

0 Likes
Habib2
Student
Options

Please will you sell me your usb with that software in it or give me your email so we can discuss delivery lol because I don’t have a clue how to install it so please if you have that usb with that software in will you get it posted to me I will pay whatever please get back to me

0 Likes