Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove the Samsung TV Ad from homescreen

(Topic created on: 14-09-2022 04:55 PM)
autorick
Student
Options

I have recently bought a Samsung QE50Q60BAUXXU

Every time I turn it on or go to the home screen, a really annoying ad starts up for Samsung TV plus, "1000s of movies and TV shows..." 

Does anybody, for the love of god, know how to disable this?

(It's absolutely mad that an automatic ad is built into your own tv!)

45 REPLIES 45
Jay122
Explorer
Options

Thanks for that different angle and viewpoint. I used to geek around, download and configure modified firmware for networked devices, etc. 
I personally do not have the muse anymore to engage with my routers log files and to  find addresses the TV is connecting to, try and error finding the ones to block, etc. 
I know you have good intentions, but this is not practicable for most people I would dare to argue. 

Let’s see if that potential placeholder on the Smart Home screen turns into annoying advertising. Hopefully we find ways to opt out of that again within the TVs extended settings. 🤞

0 Likes
Abhijit_patra
Apprentice
Options

I raised a ticket to Samsung's customer support for this, It is clearly something the user can not opt out of since this new update. I am going to be sending emails to Samsung support until this gets resolved.

Jay122
Explorer
Options

IMG_6088.jpeg

And here we are again. Forced advertising. 
Screw you Samsung. 
This is intrusive and unacceptable. 
I will never buy a Samsung product again. 

0 Likes
Jay122
Explorer
Options

I have found a way to block URLs
I blocked 

www.samsungotn.net

www.samsungrm.net

www.samsung.net/ads
and 
and ads.samsung.com
But the advertising still loads after a couple of seconds when I do a TV reset (hold power button on BT remote until the TV restarts.)

0 Likes
Jay122
Explorer
Options

Response from Samsung support:

I see. Thanks for the photo, J. I'm afraid the ad that you see on your Smart Hub is a built-in ad that comes along with the TV every time you access or go to its Smart Hub.

0 Likes
LetsPlayNintendoITA
First Poster
Options

they force fed it again... last advice didnt work anymore

0 Likes
Abhijit_patra
Apprentice
Options

Is samsung reading this discussion and closing all the loopholes?

everytime there is a solution, it stops working in a few days.

0 Likes
Jay122
Explorer
Options

Samsung must

• provide us with a clear opt out feature that can be found and set easily
  • ask for permission before displaying advertising (opt-in)
  • remove the advertising placeholder that wastes space and time when selecting a desired app from the Home Screen. 

We need to request this publicly in their social media streams.

0 Likes
Members_Ns2B0S8
Journeyman
Options

Just in case anyone from Samsung sees this thread, also adding that I also find the ads extremely intrusive as it takes up at least a third of the screen and can't be removed. I like Samsung TVs but if this is the new trend then I'll be looking at alternatives in future. I understand that they see this as a way to reduce the initial price of the TV and get an extra income stream but honestly I'd rather just pay the extra for one without this *****.

Abhijit_patra
Apprentice
Options

Atleast introduce a premium subscription or something that doesn't show ads..

0 Likes