Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bright spots

(Topic created on: 21-01-2024 05:47 PM)
Kimbo53
First Poster
Options

We purchased a UE40H6400 a while ago from JL with a 5yr warranty. (Thinking it’s A few months before the warm expired we go a white spot (about 30mm dia) contacted JL and was surprised they sent a tech out and he changed the screen not the whole TV! 🫤🫤 But roll on another 4-5 yrs and lo and behold another appears last year wasn’t to bad (we thought) but start this year and another more noticeable pops up. 🫣🫣😬😬 Obviously out of warranty so a little miffed but when we take into consideration that after we bought it they (Samsung) decided they’d do away with the Skype app (just after I’d bought a camera to use with😭😭) ! A few years after the screen replacement I try to use MY5 find that that app has now vacanted my app screen and ITV thought that the Hub needs updating to ITV X😱😱😱🤢🤢🤢 and guess what Samsung couldn’t/wouldn’t let me have that app 😵💫😵💫🤔🤔 why ? They managed to remove the old ITV hub app! NOT HAPPY WITH SAMSUNG! So not sure Samsung are monitoring their community pages suppose I’ll have look else where now unless? How many other people have suffered with this problem?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Usally when an app is removed has nothing to do with Samsung its the apps developer, they know the usage and decided that app won't work in a way they see as acceptable on the TV so remove support. If they had the app it might run back and you'd be complaining about it just in a different way. Easy work around for apps is a get a roku or firestickb.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Usally when an app is removed has nothing to do with Samsung its the apps developer, they know the usage and decided that app won't work in a way they see as acceptable on the TV so remove support. If they had the app it might run back and you'd be complaining about it just in a different way. Easy work around for apps is a get a roku or firestickb.
0 Likes
Kimbo53
First Poster
Options

Thanks Gurky but the Skype app was removed no long after my purchase and was a contributing factor in the purchase. But I would have thought that the change of the ITV (Hub to X) they would have taken this into some sort of consideration. But this means/looks like another money make interest 😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫 by Samsung! 😬😬 So that along with these bright spots means to me WONT BUY Samsung TV replacement looking at LG now so think it’s Samsungs loss in the end as I now also will advise friends and family NOT to purchase Samsung electronics TVs 🫤🫤

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
I'm sure it's not a huge loss to them!
0 Likes