Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

FreeSat on Smart TV

(Topic created on: 14-09-2022 01:44 PM)
Rob H
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE37ES6300U TV.

It looks like I should be able to tune into FreeSat without a FreeSat box.

I have an old Sky dish with a Wide Band LNB.

The TV is not finding the dish.

Do I need a different LMB?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I've not used freesat but I did find this on Sky's forum which may be of use to you.

Unfortunately the Tuner for Freesat in your TV will need the original Sky+LNB or a Hybrid LNB which coversQ and Sky+ HD. Only the very latest Freesat boxes will work with the Q Wideband LNB.

There is a lot of information on this on Sky's forum which would be a good place for you to look through.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I've not used freesat but I did find this on Sky's forum which may be of use to you.

Unfortunately the Tuner for Freesat in your TV will need the original Sky+LNB or a Hybrid LNB which coversQ and Sky+ HD. Only the very latest Freesat boxes will work with the Q Wideband LNB.

There is a lot of information on this on Sky's forum which would be a good place for you to look through.
Rob H
First Poster
Options

Hello Stuart, thanks for your reply. So a replacement LNB should sort it then. Best regards, Rob.

0 Likes
Rob H
First Poster
Options

In case anyone else is following this thread this was my solution.

I purchased a GeoSync GK4LB LNB from Amazon.

This was easy to install in my Sky dish and worked well with Freesat on my Samsung TV.

0 Likes
Alexv90
First Poster
Options

Did you need a freesat box or anything or did you just put the two cables from the dish directly into the tv?

0 Likes