Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Upgrade Lounge doesn't include Samsung exclusive colours???

(Topic created on: 11-02-2022 07:37 AM)
Tom1k9
Journeyman
Options

I managed to very briefly access the upgrade lounge using my code/surname (almost impossible at the moment i know) and was extremely dissapointed to realise that online exclusive colours (Graphite, Sky blue and Red) weren't options if upgrading??

I don't see how it's really fair if they're "Only available at Samsung.com at no extra cost", but when trying to upgrade my phone VIA samsung.com, it's not an option? Seems a bit of a disservice to loyal customers, seeing as anyone using the upgrade plan obviously already has a samsung device and wishes to pre-order.

On a side note, i've been trying to access the upgrade lounge for over 2 hours now and still get "We’re currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later."

20 REPLIES 20
Todderik18
Navigator
Options
Enjoy (y)
0 Likes
Paol73
Apprentice
Options

Yeah the colour options disappeared. 

That's ridiculous.

So potentially better trading in?

I still can't get into the upgrade bit anyway 😡

blades10
Journeyman
Options

As you quite rightly say not very fair to their loyal customers it seems we are just been taken for granted.

LondonTom
Explorer
Options

Wow they actively don't want the upgrades to be able to use the other colourways? What good reason is this for? 

Combined with more buds again, feels like Samsung a shafting upgrade custoemers. I've upgraded the S10 and feel like I might not this time.

Rybo1080
Apprentice
Options
The best part I would say buying direct from samsung is the extra colour options. It's such a shame with the lack of them with the upgrade program. Definatly treating loya customers to nothing is awful. I wanted the S22 in graphite which is such a shame. Considering not upgrading now
Solution
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

We're really sad that you feel let down by Samsung due to the lack of availability of custom colours via the Upgrade Programme. As exclusive custom colours, they have a 4 week delivery time, which means that they cannot be a part of the Upgrade Programme. 

We're feeding collating feedback for the launch team so that we can learn from the experience. Can you let us know what your expectations are our loyal Upgrade Programme Customers? 

0 Likes
LondonTom
Explorer
Options

Hi @SachikoT , why can't they can be part of the upgrade programme due to the 4 week delivery time? I am sure most of us who want would be willing to wait, its ridiculous suggestion, you really are treating your most loyal customers very poorly this round. The offers are not as good as the US, we already have the buds and now we can't get the colourways if we choose to wait? Why take the choice away from us? Why offer us pre-order bonus of something most of us already have? (and if you include previous 3 times?!). Even offering a choice of the new duo charger or more  premium case would have have helped. The buds are a really neat pre-order bonus for those coming onto the programme or buying a new after waiting a while but not for those of us who upgrade yearly with you.

Viruzzz007
Student
Options
Hi, it seams in the USA there have the option to trade in two devices when pre-ordering the S22 ultra 5g, they also seam to get the options of free memory upgrade (128gb to 256gb) etc. And they also get $200 to $250 samsung instant credit (depending on promotion) to use in store. I'm in London uk and wondering if i can also trade my two devices, also a free memory as I wish to pre order the s22 ultra 5g 256gb as for some reason the 128gb version only has 8gb of ram opposed to the other versions please could you help
Tom1k9
Journeyman
Options
I don't feel our expectations are unreasonable. It certainly feels like being part of the upgrade plan has more disadvantages this year than an advantages.
Although the upgrade plan is brilliant, punishing loyal customers by not giving them the same options as brand new customers just feels like a bit of a slap in the face.

I don't see how the 4 week wait is a good enough reason to not offer us the exclusive colours, when the upgrade plan gives you a 4 month upgrade window in the first place?

It'd almost have been more beneficial for me to not have been part of the upgrade plan, and to just pre order it as a new Samsung customer which doesn't feel right.

Exclusive colours is the bear minimum you could offer us as a thankyou for staying loyal and pre-ordering via the upgrade plan, it's not a lot to ask for, let alone all the other offers we've been excluded from...

I don't want to sound greedy but I just feel there's a few small things you could've done for us as a thankyou, that instead we've been excluded from.

We're not asking for much, it'd just be nice to have the same options as new customers, equal opportunities.

Instead, by being part of the upgrade plan, I've been able to pre order my phone at the same time as everybody else, pay the same as everybody else, but minus the benefits that everybody else has been offered?

You can see why we might view it as a bit unjust
Members_icwXI2C
First Poster
Options

This is absolutely shamboli. I am a loyal upgrade customer and last year I was asked to select an exclusive colour yes I had to wait a little longer for it. Your suggestion we as loyal upgrade customers  don't have this option this year is  shocking. Your reason as to why don't make any sense since we could   on previous years.  u haven't upgraded yet due to this and I am considering my options since loyalty means nothing to Samsung.