Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung upgrade program: unable to upgrade Note20 Ultra for S22 Ultra suck for loyalty

(Topic created on: 09-02-2022 06:02 PM)
BBmoney
Explorer
Options

I just went to check my upgrade status as I didn't upgrade from my note 20 U to the flip as I wanted the s22U.

Now I find out that I'm no longer eligible for an upgrade and have to wait till the next window. 

I've been using Samsung upgrade programme for 3/4 years and this is the first time I held out for a better device. 

Real shame. 
10 REPLIES 10
hughsie27
Navigator
Options

It is in their terms that your upgrade window is only available for a short time after 12 months of your contract. Kinda sucks for people like yourself who bought the Note 20 and weren't able to upgrade to a Note 21 (as it was never released).

You could probably sell/trade in your Note 20 to pay off the remainder of your contract? Maybe not for the full value but a good chunk.

What also sucks though is that those who bought the S21 last year through the upgrade programme already received a paid of Galaxy Buds. If I upgrade again today then I'll get a 2nd pair? Why not store credit or a Watch 4? I don't need a 2nd pair of buds.

0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
You think that's bad? Try trading in your device for a new device i got quoted £600 for My Galaxy Z Fold 3 to trade in towards the new S22 Ultra Utterly disgusting and pathetic for the price you pay for the Fold 3 5g.
0 Likes
zubzee
Journeyman
Options
I'm in the last month of 24 months and got a email to upgrade so I did went through nice and easy s20 plus to s22plus
0 Likes
BBmoney
Explorer
Options
Was it a new upgrade lounge email?
0 Likes
zubzee
Journeyman
Options
Yes like got it shortly after it launched early on
0 Likes
wooder
First Poster
Options

do you get the buds with your upgrade i was thinking of doing exactly what you have done thanks 

0 Likes
Members_66sj1ig
First Poster
Options

I the update description it states you have 12 month window to upgrade, trying to get confirmation as I am in the same situation, my window open Nov 6th and the flip isn't a replacement for the Note20 Ultra 5g as far as I am concerned so held out for the next Note worthy iteration

BBmoney
Explorer
Options
I read their terms and it states 120 days. Called up and they told me it was account 60 days (even though there terms say 120) but tbh. My note20U is in perfect condition and watching the videos of the new s22 U makes me realise there's nothing really "new" about it so might as well keep my note 20 and not give Samsung another 24 months of money for a new phone that is marginally better than the note 20U
0 Likes
Mirko933
Journeyman
Options
I'm still eligible for upgrade (note 20 ultra joined October 2020) but no option for the s22 ultra, only flip or fold 3. I've joined the upgrade program with the idea of having a new note every year, this is disappointing
0 Likes