Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How trustworthy is Samsung Trade-in?

(Topic created on: 01-02-2024 04:02 PM)
TheDenny
Voyager
Options
Feeling a little anxious as I do not want to be ripped off when sending my mobile for cashback. I want to ask if people here had positive or negative experiences and any advise to ensure I don't get ripped off. Thank you in advance for any support 👍
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
On the one occasion I opted for trade-in (S22 to S23)I have to say it was very positive. Processed very quickly and received correct amount as stated on order website.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I must have traded in excess of 20 phones, watches, tablets and earphones and I've never once experienced an issue. I am honest with the condition of the item I am sending in everytime (except when the price is the same for good condition vs poor condition then I put poor condition just in case, even if it is in good condition). Most of the time I send items in with the free delivery option, except when the value exceeds maybe 400 then I tend to pay for Special Delivery.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When I have used Trade In it all went smoothly, aware some customers have had issue. It is advisable to take photos of the device before sending,worthwhile  to use Special Delivery though this will be at your own cost.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I've trading in for the last 3 years with no issues, but always take photos and send fully insured (not using the free postage) for piece of mind
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@TheDenny 

All was fine when I sent my Samsung Fold³ for Trade-In. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

JerryS
Voyager
Options
I've never had a problem with the trade in company. However when I traded in my S22 Ultra a year ago Royal Mail 48 hour delivery was very slow even though I posted it the next day after receiving my S23 Ultra which meant I started getting chaser emails from Samsung. I didn't want that hassle this year so opted to pay for special delivery and it was all processed the next day
Jp46
Pioneer
Options
Samsung trade in is the best, and honest
chrismattamy
Pathfinder
Options
It was fine when I traded in my watch 4 for the watch 6. I'm just waiting to hear back on the progress on my s21 trade-in. I received an email that they have received,
Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
I used trade in watches, and phones never had any issues