Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung trade in UK problem

(Topic created on: 26-02-2024 02:43 PM)
Da6xn9
Pathfinder
Options
Hello, I traded in my s21 ultra for a s24 ultra with the trade in program uk, today I got an email saying their is a problem with my phone before I sent in my phone I made sure to use the diagnostic feature to make sure everything is working and everything was working fine I even took pictures as proof, has anyone gone through something like this, this is the issue they gave"Other: Device Faulty - USB port is faulty."

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
GreaterGalaxyUK
Helping Hand
Options
If you can somehow provide the date and time that picture was taken to Samsung Customer Support, they may be able to help. Is there a specific category which confirms the USB Port is checked too? If not, then you may not have a case to present and will have to pay the £75

Da6xn9
Pathfinder
Options
Yes there is a specific category which showed its working so I know fully it's working, plus the phone is plugged in and charging in the picture, I checked the reviews for the company who checks these phones on behalf of samsung and looks like they have been trying to scam a lot of people out of money 1.8 stars out of 5..
GreaterGalaxyUK
Helping Hand
Options
I think you would somehow need to show a date and time of a picture with the USB port working. Think of it from their point of view- that picture could have been taken anytime. Also, this is assuming they will ask for any evidence in the first place. Just check with them.

I hope it works out for you.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Da6xn9  Whilst many have found the Trade in Smooth there are some who have encountered issues and it is advisable to have sufficient photographic evidence,  however did you personally  check that the phone was charging fine?  There is a diagnostic for both wired and wireless charging  but not showing in that particular  photo.   you could liase and advise that the USB port was functioning properly when it was depatched but the engineer's report  can still be a significant factor in these cases.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Da6xn9
Pathfinder
Options
Thankfully I took the pictures on my s24 ultra so they record the date and time the picture was taken, unfortunately this company has been trying to do the same with many others
Da6xn9
Pathfinder
Options
In the photo iv provided it shows the usb charging etc but the name is cut out as I didn't scroll, but when checking on the samsung members app diagnostic tool, tbay bottom line covers usb charging etc, also in the picture the charger is plugged in and it is showing as charging in the top
NoCoolNameLeft4Me
Troubleshooter
Options

Even if there was a problem, port problems issues are usually covered by warranty. I know this as i had a usb c port problem that the diagnosis failed to show (a sensor blew, making it impossible to connect to a pc or android auto and to use ultra fast charging options, just normal slow charging). Got it replaced free by Samsung on late January 2024. Are you sure this email is legit from the Trade In team? When there is a problem with the phone usually Samsung offers to either value it at a lower price (or 0 if its a very critical problem) or to return it and not participate in the Trade In program. Never seen them asking for money to proceed. 

0 Likes
Da6xn9
Pathfinder
Options
Hi the email was: samsung@tradeinresponse.co.uk
0 Likes
MsBoro
Journeyman
Options
I am facing this same problem! I sent off my s20 ultra for s24 ultra. I have received an email claiming my trade in is faulty because the BACK lamination has bubbled at the bottom edge and appears to be coming off. In my opinion, that should be included in normal wear and tear but they are asking me for the same £75! Absolute rip off! Not sure who to complain because the email was received only this afternoon. I'm livid! This is surely fraud and should probably get Martin Lewis involved