Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung trade in UK problem

(Topic created on: 26-02-2024 02:43 PM)
Da6xn9
Pathfinder
Options
Hello, I traded in my s21 ultra for a s24 ultra with the trade in program uk, today I got an email saying their is a problem with my phone before I sent in my phone I made sure to use the diagnostic feature to make sure everything is working and everything was working fine I even took pictures as proof, has anyone gone through something like this, this is the issue they gave"Other: Device Faulty - USB port is faulty."

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Da6xn9
Pathfinder
Options
Update: I contacted Samsung and sent them all my photos as proof. They said that I still had to pay. Then, I contacted them again and told them to look at the pictures carefully. I also mentioned the company's negative Google reviews. On top of that, I said that this is fraud and against trading standards and the law. Twenty minutes later, I got an email saying the charge would be removed and that I could ignore the email asking for payment. Contact Samsung through Samsung Live Chat.
MsBoro
Journeyman
Options
Thank you very much. I'll do that. Unfortunately, I expected to deal with a reputable company and so I did not take photos. I'm sure my phone was clean. In fact, I thought it looked new when I put it in the original box to send back. The phone had been in a case the whole 4 years and so any damage will clearly be due to bad product. I will contact Samsung
0 Likes
Da6xn9
Pathfinder
Options
So, if they are saying there is something wrong with it (scratches, etc.), go to the Samsung trade-in page where you enter your phone details. If you select the condition as "good" (as in your trade-in device), it will say "minor signs of use." So, they are trying to scam you, mate.