Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV .... HARD DRIVE EU75NU8000

(Topic created on: 31-10-2018 04:29 PM)
852gemma
Apprentice
Options

Please help a dummy here i want to get a hard drive to record and i have looked at WD elements 1tb portable hard drive would this work and how can I record when tv is off ? I have been talking to samsung but they arnt breaking it down for me I'm dyslexic and struggling to understand their robotic answers lol 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
CarlH
Options

Hi @852gemma. Is the hard drive USB 3.0? Recording only works when the TV is switched on. This link will direct you to the manual and page 87 has all the details for recording. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
852gemma
Apprentice
Options

@CarlH wrote:

Hi @852gemma. Is the hard drive USB 3.0? Recording only works when the TV is switched on. This link will direct you to the manual and page 87 has all the details for recording. Hopw this helps!

Yes description says usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 

Yea I have the manual link I was just getting confused was hoping it would still record on standby, was trying to get my head around it to see if there was a way round it but I struggled to understand lol. Was reading about ambient mode? Think that's what it's called wasn't sure If this was almost like the tv being on but off if that makes sense lol x

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

I'm not actually sure about this one, @852gemma. I would have though ambient moded would work, seeing as though the TV is still on to display an image. 

0 Likes
852gemma
Apprentice
Options

@CarlH wrote:

I'm not actually sure about this one, @852gemma. I would have though ambient moded would work, seeing as though the TV is still on to display an image. 

I Will have to investigate x

Do you think that the hard drive I have suggested would be good enough for what I need if not do you have any suggestions? On a slight budget now I have tv lol xx

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Whilst I can't recommend one in particular to purchase, a USB hard drive with a speed of 5,400 rpm or above is recommended. However, RAID-type USB hard drives are not supported, @852gemma. Also, I should mention that a memory stick, whilst being able to playback media on the TV, isn't able to record from it (just in case you where thinking of using that instead of a hard drive). 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@852gemma wrote:

@CarlH wrote:

I Will have to investigate x

Do you think that the hard drive I have suggested would be good enough for what I need if not do you have any suggestions? On a slight budget now I have tv lol xx

I had a ks9500 which could record one thing,  watch another channel and still do time shift. I used a usb2 hard drive. When you connect the drive and set up your first recording the TV will test the drive automatically and tell you if it is OK. Any USB drive should work and you do not need a mains powered one as .5 amp is all you need which the USB socket on the TV will easily give. 

Paul

0 Likes
852gemma
Apprentice
Options
I have no idea what RAID-type usb means sorry 😕 is the product Im thinking of buying one of them? I'm so sorry for all the questions I've literally no idea
0 Likes
852gemma
Apprentice
Options
I am so confused on drives and 2.0 etc I'm thinking the one I have suggested above should be fine I just hoped that someone could give a yes or no answer before I spend out lol x
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@852gemma wrote:
I am so confused on drives and 2.0 etc I'm thinking the one I have suggested above should be fine I just hoped that someone could give a yes or no answer before I spend out lol x

A standard USB2 or 3 1 TB drive will do the job.  The WD Drive would work perfectly. If the TV has a USB 3 port then the USB 3 drive,  but like I said a USB 2 worked fine on a ks9500 which has twin tuners. 

0 Likes