Did you mean: 

TV - half the screen is dimming

(Topic created on: 21-06-2021 05:28 PM)
JLH2021
First Poster
Options

Hi 

Please can anyone help?

My TV (Q60R) has a screen issue where the left side of the screen is dim. 
I have run all of the self diagnosing tests in settings and checked all cables and everything is still the same. All updates have been run too.

Not sure what to do next, the TV is only 1.5yrs old, there is no devices run through it. The dimming appeared yesterday after watching Netflix.

Can anyone offer any advice?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @JLH2021 ,

I'm sorry to hear that. Is this affecting all the TV channels and sources? Can you confirm the full model and the software version? The model can be found at the back on a white sticker and the software version from the TV Settings> Support> About this TV or Contact Samsung. 

0 Likes
JLH2021
First Poster
Options

Hi

Many thanks for your response.

The model No. WEA43Q60RATXXU and the software version is 1374.

This is happening across all TV channels and apps

Joy

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I have been unable to find this model. Do you mean QE43Q60RATXXU? If not, can you please double-check the TV model and write it here for me? Is this also present when you run a Picture Test on the TV?

You can do this from the TV Settings> Support> Self Diagnosis> Picture test

0 Likes
JLH2021
First Poster
Options

Hi 

sorry yes it is the model you said, typo error. It is still there when running the picture testing to

Joy

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Could you please run a Factory Reset on the TV now? Menu > Support > Self diagnosis > Reset. If this step doesn't help and the Picture Test fails/shows the issue again; it would be best to book an engineer's visit. You can book this by contacting Technical Support.

0 Likes
JLH2021
First Poster
Options

Hi

Many thanks for your advice unfortunately nothing has solved the issue. I have called the support centre for an engineer who said they would call back but have had no reply from them yet

0 Likes