Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart hub keep appearing when it is not needed

(Topic created on: 10-06-2021 06:59 PM)
broadstairs
Journeyman
Options

We have a UE43TU8500UXXU Smart TV 43 inch. I find the smart hub extremely annoying and it appears randomly when not needed. For example some times when exiting the Guide it will appear and other times it does not. There is a Home button which can be used to open it when needed, and OK it opens when I hit Sources that's fine but why does it appear when it is patently not needed and when it does appear it stays on the screen and does not turn off unless I hit exit or return? This is extremely annoying and I should not be seeing this. I have checked and the TV is up to date with firmware. Please tell me there is a fix for this and yes I have turned off the option to show it at power on!

Stuart

20 REPLIES 20
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @broadstairs 

That seems strange! We'd suggest that you try a reset of the TV in an effort to resolve this. Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self diagnosis > Reset. Note: This will reset your TV to the factory settings that the TV came with, so any adjustments you may have made will need to be re-instated.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
broadstairs
Journeyman
Options

I'll give it a try but the TV is new and has been doing this since we got it!!

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

It may not help but it's worth a try, @broadstairs!

0 Likes
broadstairs
Journeyman
Options

Well it did not fix it. To be honest I dont see why this has to appear for any reason other than hitting the home button or the select source button. It's annoying and just gets in the way.

Stuart

Fergieheights
First Poster
Options

Mine does the same did you get this sorted 

MF1993
First Poster
Options

I've got the same issue and samsung support is of no help. I've tried resetting, samsung support had their own way of resetting and nothing has helped so far. Anyone who has a solution?

0 Likes
cryspello
First Poster
Options

Does it continue to happen even until now? Just got a new TV and it’s doing this. Very annoying indeed.

0 Likes
broadstairs
Journeyman
Options

Yes it happens all the time and I am still very annoyed about it. Do Samsung even listen to their customers?

Also very annoyed that the TV keeps trying to sync up the small voice activated controller every time I switch on. Never use the ***** thing and yet I am unable to turn it off!!!!

Stuart

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@broadstairs: I'm sorry to hear that your issue has persisted. For clarity, please can you confirm which button you are pressing on the remote when exiting features such as the Guide? Please be aware that hitting the Home button will open Smart Hub, so you may wish to try using the Return or Exit buttons as your primary choice when closing the menus, to see if you notice an improvement. 

For your Smart Remote issue, the remote will automatically attempt to connect to the TV when you switch it on. If the remote hasn't connected automatically, please complete the pairing process by pointing the remote at the TV and pressing the Return and Play/Pause buttons (to the left and right of the Home button) for around 3 seconds, after which it should no longer prompt the connection. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. 

0 Likes