Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 26-06-2021 03:01 PM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
JD03
Student
Options

Yes, sooo annoying! WiFi works perfectly with every device except the Samsung TV. Have to reboot every. single. day!!!
Best Buy told me it was the WiFi receiver in the tv. Is there a way to fix it? TV works beautifully except for not picking up the WiFi.  We are wired. Don’t know what else to do. Have to reboot to connect every day.  😞

0 Likes
JD03
Student
Options

Having the same problem. 
I was told it was the WiFi receiver IN the Samsung. My tv is a 2017 curved screen. TV picture, sound...all great. Hope this is fixable. We have done all you have described as well. 
Frustrating! 

0 Likes
Tim5Ghz
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much , you just saved the day.

0 Likes
clore
Student
Options

I'm glad to hear that that worked for you. I've tried it and it still keeps going back to the same problem. My way around it is to use the wifi via my Panasonic Blu Ray player.

0 Likes
premankampus
First Poster
Options

Thanks it's really works

0 Likes
Jdawg2u
Apprentice
Options

Holding the power button actually worked for me.  I would never thought of doing this.  Thank you!!!

0 Likes
John0047
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. I did the hard reset by holding the power button till the TV recycled and came back on. But before I did that I logged onto my Samsung account. After I did that it stayed connected

0 Likes
Pickles13
First Poster
Options

Thank you. I couldn't believe this actually worked but it worked like a charm.  

0 Likes
Jdawg2u
Apprentice
Options

You are welcome, I’m glad I could help 

0 Likes
85MadMax85
First Poster
Options

I had same issue. Would not let me connect to any of the the two 5G router connections but when connected to the regular 2.4g it connected and tizen showed up then I just switched over and connected to 5G and all the sudden it works. Very wired. It’s like there was a communication glitch between router and tv cause normally the tv shows as tizen on my router app but it wouldn’t show up and wouldn’t connect. And I use only the 5G connections so I tried the 2.4 and worked then back doored the 5G and all of the sudden everything is back up normal. Hope this helps!!

0 Likes