17-07-2018 12:09 AM in
I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.
These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:
- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress
- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)
- Changing DNS to 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168.
- Updating the firmware
- Calling the ISP's hotline
My questions are :
- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?
- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?
- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?
I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Solved! Go to Solution.
13-11-2023 12:52 AM in
Try disabling Anynet+. The setting is found in: Settings Menu/ General/ External Device Manager.
This worked for me seeing up a new Samsung TV. Prior to disabling this, I could only (re)connect to WiFi and the internet using WPS. All settings would be lost upon turning the TV off and on again.