Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 01-10-2020 08:07 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
San7
First Poster
Options

Fixed my Wifi problem with below method : 

I have been facing same issue. My Samsung TV connects to Wifi but no internet. It connects fine with mobile hotspot but Wifi it is was not working.

I try all solutions of changing DNS settings, restart of TV, restart router, reset smart hub but nothing worked.

Finally i tried below option and it worked like charm.

I have d-link router

1. Login to router with admin credentials 

2. Navigate to wifi and advanced options

3. Mac filtering option

4. Enable Mac filter - Change "Mac Filter restrict mode" to Deny
5. Connect samsung tv again to wifi. It should connect to internet now

Tsammons1
First Poster
Options

Rebooting tv worked great for me. all up and running again thank you 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Glad a few of you now appear to have wi-fi issue sorted.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Jfm21
First Poster
Options

I'm beyond annoyed with this issue.  Whats the point in having a smart TV when it's not smart??????

WMW
First Poster
Options

I had similar problems with my Samsung TV purchased Jan 2020, the problem originating in Jun 2020. I tried factory resets, and played around with DNS settings etc and called Samsung to no avail. I SOLVED the problem by logging into my Netgear Router via the Nighthawk Android App, and it went into Devices to selected my Samsung TV from the list of devices. I then disallowed Internet access, and and then reallowed it. I have Went back to my Samsung TV, and it had full Internet access, so I at last. Sorted 👍

0 Likes
RealCkOne
First Poster
Options

Samsung 65MU series. This actually worked for me. First time it ever happened, but every so often; my Samsung sound bar won’t connect properly. Unplugging my tv fixes it. 

0 Likes
Sharm101
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the advice.. 

This worked instantly and took less than a minute to resolve itself 🙏🤗💯

0 Likes
kevinvram
Journeyman
Options

k

0 Likes
kevinvram
Journeyman
Options

i'm having problems but mine is with a wire connection! Very annoying

0 Likes
Jwhite
First Poster
Options

This worked for me. My TV just stopped connecting a few days ago. Tried to go through the process of reconnecting through wifi settings. Nothing worked. Held down my power button, internet is back in action and I can watch Netflix again. My TV is way faster than my cable box and I despise going through it to do anything internet related. 

0 Likes