I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.
These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:
- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress
- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)
- Changing DNS to 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11.
- Updating the firmware
- Calling the ISP's hotline
My questions are :
- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?
- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?
- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?
I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Solved! Go to Solution.
@Sookie @Denmese Realise this is quite a long thread but have you tried some of the possible fixes mentioned. I will link you to page 42 where there are a few recommendations including the post from myself. https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/samsung-smart-tv-stopped-connecting-to-internet-wifi-and/td-p...
Fixed my Wifi problem with below method :
I have been facing same issue. My Samsung TV connects to Wifi but no internet. It connects fine with mobile hotspot but Wifi it is was not working.
I try all solutions of changing DNS settings, restart of TV, restart router, reset smart hub but nothing worked.
Finally i tried below option and it worked like charm.
I have d-link router
1. Login to router with admin credentials
2. Navigate to wifi and advanced options
3. Mac filtering option
4. Enable Mac filter - Change "Mac Filter restrict mode" to Deny
5. Connect samsung tv again to wifi. It should connect to internet now
I had similar problems with my Samsung TV purchased Jan 2020, the problem originating in Jun 2020. I tried factory resets, and played around with DNS settings etc and called Samsung to no avail. I SOLVED the problem by logging into my Netgear Router via the Nighthawk Android App, and it went into Devices to selected my Samsung TV from the list of devices. I then disallowed Internet access, and and then reallowed it. I have Went back to my Samsung TV, and it had full Internet access, so I at last. Sorted 👍
One month ago I had similar problems. Not me, my old parents. They asked went to the shop, asking questions, were is the problem. Nothing, all was all right just our wifi router too old. Dude, for three years we haven't change the router, how crazy does it sound? I decided to choose the best one, as I know Cisco makes the best equipment. I trust them, I study here. Now, I prepare to answer their questions regarding the examination from spotoclub.com thanks God that I discovered them
Samsung 65MU series. This actually worked for me. First time it ever happened, but every so often; my Samsung sound bar won’t connect properly. Unplugging my tv fixes it.