Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Change region for Samsung UE55KS7090

(Topic created on: 27-11-2019 10:45 PM)
matfin
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I need help changing the country/region for my Samsung UE55KS7090.

I purchased this TV when I was living in Berlin back in 2016. Now I have moved back to Ireland and want to be able to use it fully here.

When I go to reset the TV back to its factory settings, the only countries I can choose are Austria, Germany and Switzerland.

This is affecting which apps I can install and use, as well as tuning in digital TV channels. While the latter is possible, it is finicky. I want to be able to use this TV in Ireland as I was able to use it in Germany.

So far, searches have turned up nothing. Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

I do not know if it could be posible, as you know all manufactures have a division between countries and directionable market.

Try to speak with a Moderator in private with your request and give to him all neccesary info as well.

Good luck to fix the division change funtion :four-leaf-clover:

0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @matfin  There have been some discussion of this in the community.   Here is some information if not sorted.  A solution has worked for some customers but but has not been universally successful.

For the K series you I think best to   try  this method:

1. Start by setting the source to Tv.
  2. Once you have set the source to TV, press the Menu button, then select the  System sub-menu.
  3. In the system sub-menu you should see a  Set Up option. Click to begin setup.
  4. Continue the setup until you are at the "Smart Hub Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy" Page. When you are on this page, press the following buttons in a direct sequence.

MUTE - VOL UP - CHANNEL UP - MUTE   or

» - 2 - 8 - 9 - « (this is FFWD - 2 - 8 - 9 - REWIND)

It may well take a few tries but ideally you will see a bigger country list and be able to proceed.

See some more detail here How-to-change-a-smart-hub-region-on-a-samsung-smart-tv 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Finn123
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have similar issue, moved from Netherlands to Finland with my QE55Q7FNA. The TV only offers NL, Lux, Belgium and France as options and NL cable operator Ziggo as an option. Tt cannot find the Finnish cable operator Elisa channels, the apps seem to be working fine.

Does anyone know whether it's possible to change the software to the Finnish one to see the Finnish cable? Neither Samsung Finland nor Netherlands was able to help.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Cynthia56
Student
Options
Thanks so much. This worked for me
0 Likes
michaeljohnny
First Poster
Options
Rentsendorj
First Poster
Options

Hi

How to changing the country/region for my samsung tv  UA55KUC31S.

20200803_194153.jpg

0 Likes
Harlequin66
Explorer
Options

Yes you can change the region of your tv however, the smart hub apps are applicable to the region your tv was purchased in. For example, if you purchase a TV in Australia it will have Australian Netflix content. If you change your tv region from Australia to USA and reset the smart hub, the TV will now have US Netflix but it will not work unless you use a VPN to trick the ISP to thinking you are in the US. I have tried this and given up because using a VPN the internet is woefully slow, it reduced my 85mb/sec speed to a paltry 1.5mb/sec. Impossible to watch anything, constant buffering.

0 Likes
itsfatboyjim
Apprentice
Options

Thank you 😀

longisstupid
First Poster
Options

0 Likes