Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer not working on UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 04:53 PM)
00bm00
First Poster
Options

For a few months BBC iPlayer has not working been working on our UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub. If we click on the Button, it just goes to a black screen. 4OD, ITV and other services are working OK. It won't let me Uninstall the app, so I can't reinstall a new version. It says its on Version 2.02603. If I try and run it from the App Store screen, it still goes to a black screen. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
87 REPLIES 87
AsadM
Options
Hi @GeoW. Thanks for getting in touch. The message on your TV is appearing due to the security certificate expiring on the app. As you've already applied the latest software version, no further action is required from you on the TV. The error message will go away after a few days, and you'll have access to the app.
0 Likes
GeoW
First Poster
Options

Hello AsadM

Thanks for your prompt reply to my posting and I will obviously have to wait and see if this results in the app working again in a few days.  I will update on any progress towards this.

0 Likes
redbullman
First Poster
Options
Hi Ants. It's ue32h6200. Actually it updated to version 2900 on 29/11 last month. However iPlayer still fails. When you select a program it just goes round and round and doesn't load. Can you help? Thanks
0 Likes
Christine14
Student
Options

Have updated our TV Samsung Hub and lost access to BBC iPlayer. Followed this advice and have now lost ITV Hub as well.

0 Likes
Bakery1
First Poster
Options

I have model no. UE32F4510 and carried out the update as per Samsung intstructions but, although I can get to the Iplayer main screen, as soon as I choose a programme to play , I just get the 'turning circle' which then disappears followed by a black screen. I have tried resetting the Hub and switching off, unplugging etc. but nothing has helped. Not a good result and disappointed in Samsung whom I had held in fairly high esteem until now! All other catch-up services (ITV Hub, More4 etc.) work perfectly

0 Likes
redbullman
First Poster
Options
Yep we're all in the same boat! iPlayer just spins. Latest update was 29/11
0 Likes
TGPB
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I have a 2012 Samsung and have just updated the TV software to version 002023 and Iplayer is now working fine. For now. 

0 Likes
tobiz
Apprentice
Options
I have a Samsung TV. It tells me about itself: Model: UE48HU7500 TV, S/W Version: T-GFP8DEUC-2410, BT-S, Sub-micom Version: T-GOLDEUS6-1008,
iPlayer version: 9.81.6.0, Bigscreen version: 3.6.0, build ID: Tue Dec 10 2019 11:36:37 GMT, Framework Version: 11.1.3, config version: prebuild-11.1.3
Purchase date 6/6/2014
This model and purchase date is not on any list which says iPlayer won't work.
It won't run any selected programme from iPlayer, just displays a spinning arrow for a while, (other similar services such as ITV function correctly).
I've tried just about everything resetting apps etc, etc always the same result. I've logged an issue with Samsung support and awaiting a reply.
Samsung have 2 major errors: 1) my TV no longer runs iPlayer; 2) their information as to which models and build dates are affected by the BBC's update to iPlayer does not included mine (this is in itself a problem that needs fixing).
My guess is as suggested elsewhere in this forum, is that a certificate has expired and needs to be replaced. Why this can't be done as part of the Samsung s/w update raises concerns as to Samsung competence (especially when it seems other people have reported Samsung have fixed the problem when given remote access); if they can't manage this together with the BBC should either of them continue in this business, perhaps the BBC should stick to terrestrial broadcasting and forget this internet stuff.
If this does not get resolved, I have bought my last Samsung product.
redbullman
First Poster
Options

@TGPB wrote:

Hi all,

I have a 2012 Samsung and have just updated the TV software to version 002023 and Iplayer is now working fine. For now. 

Think you're one of the lucky ones.  My TV (ue32h6200) is newer than that but there is no update since last month.  iPlayer just spins.

This is a huge PR gaffe.  After the note 7 and galaxy fold, this is the last thing they need - especially at Christmas!!!!

0 Likes
Francis_Chun
First Poster
Options

I just heard from the Samsung Support Team that this problem is caused by the Samsung software not being ready in time for the changes the BBC made in the iPlayer app on 9th Dec 2019.  The Samsung developers are trying to get a corrected version out in the next few days.