Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer not working on UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 09:12 AM)
00bm00
First Poster
Options

For a few months BBC iPlayer has not working been working on our UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub. If we click on the Button, it just goes to a black screen. 4OD, ITV and other services are working OK. It won't let me Uninstall the app, so I can't reinstall a new version. It says its on Version 2.02603. If I try and run it from the App Store screen, it still goes to a black screen. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
87 REPLIES 87
stephanie92
Apprentice
Options
contact samsung support via email chat, they will solve it in seconds
0 Likes
SAMAS10
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

BBCiPlayer highlighted a note to say i should update the software on the TV. I did this (update to 2126) and iPlayer has now lost the ability to play all programs. All other Apps are working ok e.g. ITVhub/Prime, etc.... I've un-plugged the TV (1min reset) and performed a smarthub reset - neither has made any difference. Please can you advise?

Best, Steve

redbullman
First Poster
Options

If you read iPlayer site today it states that from 6 December it has pulled the app from a large range of Samsung TVs and blue ray players.  Looks to be a huge number in the list.  Why Samsung?  Is Samsung going to make a statement on this?  I assume iPlayer wants to update their app and Samsung doesn't want to update any of their devices. I assume some sort of fall out?  Very poor!!!!

0 Likes
Solution
ShaneB
Hotshot
Options
redbullman
First Poster
Options
Mine is ue326500. It's not on the list of models Samsung aim to provide an update for in early 2020 and there is no software update available on the TV. I bought this in 2014. You expect the mainline apps to be supported for the lifetime of the TV, especially something like iPlayer. The TV itself has a quad Core processor and is very fast. No reason why Samsung should not be supporting it. Any ideas when this will be resolved? Bit of a PR disaster this between Samsung and BBC, especially with Xmas approaching and the amount of iPlayer usage!
0 Likes
SandraM23
First Poster
Options

I've ue40f6320  model, doesn't appear on list of affected products on BBC iplayer support page, nor on the list of devices to be remediated in early 2020.  Does this mean it's not going to be corrected at all.

Really annoyed that there was no prior warning.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @SandraM23 , Product support page here for your model has an update that went live on the site on 06.12.2019 that matches some of the other F-series version that corrects this (2127.0), so it's worth a try of updating it through the steps that ShaneB gave above, or via USB download from the product support page. Let us know how you get on!

AntS
Options

Hi @redbullman , Can you confirm the full model code of your TV? The one you gave there is coming up blank when I ran a search on it. (There should be a letter between the 'ue' and '32' I reckon.)

stephanie92
Apprentice
Options

hi

the number in my tv booklet reads:

UE40H6400

It's only a couple of years old. We have a Humax Freesat box, again only a year old

thanks

Stephanie

0 Likes
GeoW
First Poster
Options

My Samsung UE32F6200AKXXU TV has been playing BBC iplayer without any problems until a few days ago.  The message saying I should update the software appeared.  As a result of this update my version now is 1216 and as a result iplayer freezes in the way others have described on here.  From advice on this forum I checked my model of TV on the Samsung website and it states there is a new version 1217 available.  I have tried to update to this version but I keep getting the message my software is uptodate with version 1216.  I have also downloaded version 1217 to USB but the update process fails to find the newer version on the USB when inserted in the TV.  I have followed the instructions on the Samsung website but to no avail. I would be grateful for any assistance in getting iplayer to work again like it has done for a number of years without any problems and to be able to install version 1217 of the software.

0 Likes