Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All4 won't play past adverts

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 03:02 PM)
Marc Beckwith
Apprentice
Options

Hello - I see there was an old post about this, but I don't think it ever got resolved. So I'm hoping someone has a solution now. 

All4 will not play any programmes. It loads and plays all the adverts fine, but then crashes before the programme starts and eventually brings this text up " ALL4-011: This content is currently unavailable. Please try again later"

It used to randomly do this and we seemed to be able to solve it by restarting. But that doesn't work now and it has been like this for a week. 

We tried the factory reset. Restarting our wifi. Changed the DNS settings (that were recommended in the previous community support post). Signed in and out of the app. Deleted the app and reinstalled. 

If anyone has any other experience of this and some suggestions, that would be great. 

Thanks for your time! 

40 REPLIES 40
Laura N
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung 2020 model. Same issue. Auto update selected. Can’t change DNS to 8.8.8.8 as says not recognised. Crashes after adverts. Please help. 

0 Likes
Chrissy Boy
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
Jailer
Apprentice
Options

Sadly I am with virgin media and my 2015 Samsung tv is working fine it’s my new 2020 tv that’s not working. So for me nothing to do with plusnet. 

Emmal44
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same for me. TV purchased this year (june/July I think) every set of ad breaks it closes all 4 and kicks me back to normal TV so I have to go back into the app watch the adverts again and hope it starts the programme. Spoke to Samsung they went over a few things, that didn't work then basically told me it was all 4's problem. Tbh, thought it was just me having the issues! Not great for what is otherwise a really nice TV.

0 Likes
Tony S
First Poster
Options

We've had the same problem for months but found a workaround until Samsung pull their finger out. We have 3 Samsung TVs and the only one that doesn't have this problem is the oldest. It frequently happens on All 4, occasionally on ITV Hub and rarely on My 5 so can only presume this is a Samsung issue. 

When you get towards the end of the adverts and the sponsor’s 10 second advert begins, press the fast forward button on the remote repeatly until the countdown reaches zero. 

The programme should then continue. 

0 Likes
James40
First Poster
Options

We have the same issue. The TV is a 2020 Samsung The Frame, so I’d be quite annoyed if it’s already out of date!

The adverts play fine, but as the programme starts it quits the app and goes back to normal TV. This happens about 50% of the time. 

I would really appreciate some sort of reply from Samsung, because this is very frustrating.

0 Likes
Ricky2021
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same issue on a brand new 85 inch QLED. 

SORT IT OUT SAMSUNG 

0 Likes
Sarah-2020
Student
Options
Same, my 2020 TV crashes after adverts all the time, drives me so nuts I have paid for add free on ITV hub even though I barely use it. But all 4 still a nightmare, can sometimes take up to 2 hours to watch an hour episode.

Similar to other users my old Samsung TV circa 2014/15 has no issues at all.

Samsung please help!
0 Likes
Jaypee11
Apprentice
Options

I hope everyone on here and others with the same problem are telling anyone and everyone how rubbish Samsung TVs are. I certainly am.  It just took me almost double the time to watch Great British Bake off final.   My TV is just six months old, and I doubt I’ll have it another six.  I will never buy anything Samsung again.  

Come on Samsung, you need to get your act together and sort this out.

0 Likes
hightara
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same issue with my year old Samsung its infuriating to say the least. Puts me off using  catch up ITV and All 4. 

0 Likes