Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All4 won't play past adverts

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 03:02 PM)
Marc Beckwith
Apprentice
Options

Hello - I see there was an old post about this, but I don't think it ever got resolved. So I'm hoping someone has a solution now. 

All4 will not play any programmes. It loads and plays all the adverts fine, but then crashes before the programme starts and eventually brings this text up " ALL4-011: This content is currently unavailable. Please try again later"

It used to randomly do this and we seemed to be able to solve it by restarting. But that doesn't work now and it has been like this for a week. 

We tried the factory reset. Restarting our wifi. Changed the DNS settings (that were recommended in the previous community support post). Signed in and out of the app. Deleted the app and reinstalled. 

If anyone has any other experience of this and some suggestions, that would be great. 

Thanks for your time! 

40 REPLIES 40
SammyMcSung
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the response. As various posters have said such things haven’t worked.

Luckily it’s working again now. We reset our router a couple of times and I can’t be sure but think we changed the wifi from 2.4ghz to 5. Might just all be random but anyone with the same issue might want to try moving to their 5gig setting... who knows?!

0 Likes
Chrissy Boy
First Poster
Options

This may not apply to everyone but I had the exact same problem and solved it quite simply. If your ISP is Plusnet then its dynamic IP address's thats the problem. 

To solve it, login into your Plusnet account on your pc. Goto Add Ons and request a static IP address. It will cost you a one off charge of £5. Then reboot your Router. This solved it for me. The tip came from the Plusnet Community pages.

Its something to do with Geolocations where the All4 app can't work out where you live so therefore does not load the content.

I guess it may be a similar problem if yuo are with s different ISP so it maybe worth e punt but I can't guarantee it.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Tom D
Student
Options

I have this problem where it starts playing, watching adverts and then it crashes, happens 3 or 4 times in a row. I've tried deleting and reinstalling already

0 Likes
Damianiw
Student
Options

We are experiencing the same problem Samsung UE55TU8500UXXU using WiFi  I have a static IP from my ISP, watching bake off professionals after every advert the program goes back to the start of the program and I have to fast forward to where we were, sometimes I then get the Content not available message.

Very frustrating, please can someone from Samsung look at the software as it doesn't happen on mobile / tablet, will be breaking out my old Roku to get around this

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Watch first half of programme, adverts, exits all4, just goes to "no signal"

Qe50q80tau

T-nkldeuc-2014.1,bt-s

0 Likes
Jailer
Apprentice
Options

Looks like all TVs and software versions are doing it. My tv is 2020 model my old tv is 2015 and no issue what so ever. 

so looks like it is a big in the new tv software 🤷🏻‍♂️

annoying af tbh you end up watching 3 times the amount of advertising that is necessary 🥺

0 Likes
mdwilliams1
First Poster
Options

Hi, just flagging up I have the same issue. Brand new TV bought 3 months ago, QE50Q60TAUXXU. All 4 plays programmes fine until advert breaks, then crashes to homepage, sometimes it will get through the first adverts ok but more often than not the app just crashes to home screen after sitting through the adverts. I've just watched an hour long programme with 5 advert breaks planned, in total I've had to sit through 9 lots of 4 minutes of adverts because it crashes after every section of programme. Totally unacceptable to pay a large amount for a brand new TV with smart apps, and I'm back to plugging in a laptop via HDMI like I was before.

Also not impressed by the lack of useful responses to this thread that started in April. If someone from Samsung is actually bothering to read this, please show us some customer service and let us know what the problem is and how it can be fixed.

0 Likes
Kevster1188
First Poster
Options

I just wanted to say that i'm having the same problem. All4 will quite happily play initially but then mid way through the program, after a set of adverts, it will either randomly start the program again from the beginning or completely close the All4 app and go back to the home screen.

My model is the QE50Q60TAUXXU, purchased in March '21. Any help is appreciated... Bake Off has started and this is getting very irritating. Thanks

Moosicman
First Poster
Options

We have this problem on our 2020 qled TV, it really needs to get sorted. 

It will play the ads the as its about to start the programme it will quit the app completely, happens at the end of most ad breaks.

0 Likes
Jaypee11
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Thank for posting about this - I thought it was just us!  

I have this problem too - I only bought the tv four months ago.  Tonight it started doing it on ITV catch up as well as Channel4.  I’m seething!  After checking the app, rebooting  the router etc etc  I contacted Samsung about a month ago and they then accessed the tv remotely to check it out.  After a while, they said there wasn't anything wrong - I should just contact Channel 4!  

What next?  New. (Not Samsung) TV?  Grrrrr 

0 Likes