Did you mean: 

Neo QLED 50" TV loses audio stream with Airpods Pro 2

(Topic created on: 20-06-2023 08:05 AM)
Jeepster1
Explorer
Options
Ref: QE50QN90BATXXU Neo QLED 50" TV

Software version: T-PTMDEUC-1503.8 BT - S

My Neo QLED 50" TV constantly loses its audio stream with my Airpods Pro gen 2. It appears to make no difference how many times you reset the Airpods Pro gen 2, or even if you only pair the Airpods Pro gen 2 with just the TV and nothing else as the problem persists.

Basically any and all slight changes in the video stream result in breaking the audio stream for connected Airpods Pro gen 2. This can be every sing time an advert suddenly plays within a YouTube video (sometimes several adverts per video of certain lengths), also changing from one movie/TV streaming app to another, changing from apps to normal TV channels and more often than not also from merely pausing and resuming a video stream.

It's important to note that the Bluetooth connection itself appears to remain connected, however its the audio stream continuity that is affected.

The Neo QLED TV has the latest software version available (shown above) and the Airpods Pro gen 2 are also on their latest software/firmware version.

It was suggested by support that I disconnect the Bluetooth connection and then reconnect the Bluetooth connection on every instance that the audio stream is lost. However this is not a resolution nor a fix to the problem and results in being quite a traumatic procedure to undergo multiple times. YouTube videos alone can contain several ads in one video, thus multiple button pressing procedures to disconnect and reconnect the Bluetooth connection multiple times during one video and then doing the same for many following videos watched after is a serious traumatic experience.

IMPORTANT - Now here's the most interesting and telling part: when 'replicating' the whole procedure and experience as thoroughly as is possible on my Galaxy S23 Ultra phone, I can report that the problem does 'not' exist. The problem only exists with my Neo QLED 50" TV.

So just to expand on that a little: when connecting my Bluetooth Airpods Pro gen 2 to my Galaxy S23 Ultra and then replicating the the whole process such as playing YouTube videos with multiple adverts popping up, watching video streaming apps such as Netfix, then changing to Disney+, changing to Prime Video, while all the time also pausing and then resuming every video stream that I play - the results are good as the audio stream is never once lost and is always constantly maintained between the Galaxy S23 Ultra and Airpods Pro gen 2. Simply put, it works flawlessly.

The problem only exists with the Neo QLED 'QE50QN90BATXXU' 50 inch TV.

Samsung, I really need this problem fixed please.

(apparently others are experiencing this too when looking into it on the internet).

7 REPLIES 7
Jeepster1
Explorer
Options

UPDATE  (30 July 2023)

———————————-

Sadly a recently released update for the Neo QLED 'QE50QN90BATXXU' 50 inch TV did not fix the issue.

The recent update was:-

T-PTMDEUC-1503.8, BT - S

While this recent update appeared to improve and speed up the Menu, Quick Menu and options features (which was a positive) however it failed completely to address the audio stream being repeatedly lost when connected to the Bluetooth AirPods Pro Gen 2.

Again just to reiterate that the problem is with the Neo QLED 'QE50QN90BATXXU' 50 inch TV, because the problem does not exist when connecting the Bluetooth AirPods Pro Gen 2 to another device like the Galaxy S23 Ultra in which the audio stream stays continuous even when replicating everything as with the problematic Neo QLED TV above - i.e. replicating involved performing the same/similar functions as play/pausing video streams, switching channels, switching movies within streaming apps, switching from on streaming app service to another, etc. which are all scenarios where the Neo QLED TV loses audio stream to the AirPods Pro Gen 2, but the S23 Ultra does not.

The result is that it makes the whole viewing experience exhausting and tiring when having to change the TV’s audio output channel from Bluetooth to TV Speakers and then back to Bluetooth channel again in order to temporarily re-establish the Bluetooth audio stream.

The fix for this can’t come soon enough.

Macstinator
Explorer
Options

I have 3 Samsung TVs. One doesn’t have enough memory, and picks up 5g. One has lots of memory and doesn’t. One has no memory and doesn’t pick up any WiFi. The ones with no 5g pick up the weakest 2.4g signal in the house. 

my Samsung TVs download their own apps, and are now advertising to me. A unit I paid for. 

none of my TVs work witn my Sony or Apple Bluetooth headphones. 

never, ever buy Samsung. 

0 Likes
Lukasz-
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem, my TV model is SAMSUNG QN85B. 

I was about to report the same. It's a shame they still haven't fixed that. I'm reaching out to some influencial YouTubers to ask them to test airpods with the new tvs review. Maybe that will motivate company to prioritize this bug.. 

hollyybu1
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue with my QN55Q70C. Everything is up to date. I have tried numerous other brand earbuds and they don’t have the issue. Just AirPods Pro 2. I have contacted both companies and they direct me to the other, after attempting to resolve by reset. But that doesn’t work. Apple and Samsung need to get together and fix it. If it wasn’t a problem before, why is it now? We need a good solid firmware update for both. 

Members_IX9AFJ4
First Poster
Options

SOLUTION: Delete  your Airpods from your TV's bluetooth list and re-pair it!

The problem lies in Airpods PRO 2 Volume ,for some reason when connected they automatically lower the volume to 0 ! 

The ONLY thing you have to do when you connect your Airpods to your TV is SWIPE UP on one of your Airpods in your ears ,keep swiping until your start hearing something ,then you can adjust the volume through your remote controller!

vacsaba33
First Poster
Options

Thx! 😀It works like a charm!

0 Likes
Jeepster1
Explorer
Options

Not a solution regrettably and was one of the very first things (of many) that I tried when first experiencing this issue.

Suffice to say the problem still exists.

0 Likes