Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z3 flip screen crack issue

(Topic created on: 26-03-2022 11:10 PM)
Rick77429
First Poster
Options

I'm starting to receive micro cracks on the hinge of the screen and was under the impression it would be covered under the warranty because I'm well within the year, but I contacted chat support and they said it was physical damage and not covered?

It was obvious the person wasn't a native English speaker by their grammar, so I tried to explain there was no trauma or misuse of the phone, but to no avail.

Reading posts here leads me to believe it IS covered under the warranty, so I'm wondering what tricks you have to use to get the issue addressed?

Z3 flip, and just using it as intended (opening and closing it) and it's starting to develop cracks I can feel and see along the flip hinge part of the screen.  

29 REPLIES 29
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Go to the get help section on the. Members App and contact customer support.
If you have a Samsung Experience Store near you, pop in there and ask.
If you took out the Samsung Care +. Then whatever it should be covered.
If a else fails. Sometimes house insurance or some premium banking services will cover phone repairs.
It's something that should be covered by warranty though
0 Likes
planetmike
Explorer
Options

This is a manufacturing defect and these phones should be recalled. Here is a photo of my Z-Flip. As you can see there are two small cracks, about 4mm each. My guess is these will migrate and expand across the hinge with time. Speaking with Samsung Support and their affiliated local shops in the States, these screens are color specific (since they replace the back shell when replacing the front screen) and the black ones are on back-order. Generally speaking, the customer service is awful. Rather than a one-stop-shop concept where Samsung would coordinate the entire repair for you, here they want you to call each shop individually. This can only enrage their customers further!!!....

20220307_072942.jpg

Yeqon
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue here. Phone has never been dropped and additonalky has been enclosed in a case. Clearly a manufacturing issue. Love the flip and just ordered a new case yesterday. Would prefer to get it fixed and stick with the flip versus a S22.

0 Likes
planetmike
Explorer
Options

I traded mine in for the S22. As an early adapter of new technology, am partly to blame.

0 Likes
Sg18
Apprentice
Options

I have had my phone since August and today i hear it crackling then a pop. When entering in my Samsung care id and email to claim, it didn't recognise it. It seems this is a common occourance..

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Sg18: If you have an existing Samsung Care+ policy, and would like to discuss your repair options, then please reach out to our Help Desk on 0333 000 0333, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you further. 

Samsung Care+ | Tablet and Phone Insurance | Samsung UK

0 Likes
Ritchiehowie
Student
Options

Totally agree. I've had my flip since Oct and noticed a slight crack along the fold last night. Called them today to be advised its not covered by the warranty and will be a chargeable repair.  So frustrated and angry with them. Obviously it's a design fault that need rectified by them free of charge. 

On a side note I absolutely love the phone and wouldn't want to change it but won't accept having a phone with cracked screen. Never had it in my life

AKMCL
First Poster
Options

My flip has started the same micro cracks, only 6 months old.

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Appears that the Z3 Flip is prone to cracking along the fold (has ***** poor battery life too) where as the Fold 3's screen protector keeps failing. Both phones look nice but reliability just isn't there. It probably explains why the Z3 Flip 256GB model is being sold by Amazon at a discounted price of £799 and the 128GB model for £518. I still wouldn't buy one, unreliable garbage!!!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes