Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S24 Ultra - Battery and Charging Issue

(Topic created on: 08-02-2024 09:40 PM)
ashoam0d
Journeyman
Options

I had my S24 ultra for 10 days now.  Since i got it and until this morning i am having the same issues and nothing is making them better.  The issues are:

• Battery drains so fast i have to charge the phone multiple times a day.  This phone replaced the S23 Ultra with the exact same settings.  Checking the battery monitor and nothing seems to be draining the battery!!!!!
  • The charger does not always work.  If it doesn't, i have to restart the phone to work again.
  • Charging randomly stops at 80-81%.  i have the battery protection off and it still does that.  

i checked every post on the net and i cant find a solution.  Anybody with the same problem???

37 REPLIES 37
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There were a few owners who found a teething problem which restarting their phone resolved @ashoam0d 

Which type / make of charging cable and brick are you using  ? It might be one or both of those accessories that are at issue. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Shujrah
Pioneer
Options
I'm also facing rapid battery drain issue and the learning Period has also ended. It's just not getting better. I'm waiting for an update, if nothing works I would request for a replacement
0 Likes
Beta22
Voyager
Options
I think you should consider requesting a replacement and also making sure you have a suitably reliable charger such as Samsung's own 25W power adapter or the 45W super fast charging version.
0 Likes
LeotheKing
Explorer
Options
It is frustrating that brand new premium phone having all sorts of issues, sorry for that. However sometimes the culprits are the apps downloaded by the user installed in their phones. Try to check if you have any app that sucks your battery dry. As well as mention by other members, try use different charger and cable to isolate /identify where the problem is.
0 Likes
Solution
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Welcome the community forums @ashoam0d 

Sorry for all the woes with the new toy. It should not happen.

Did you try clearing the cache partition? If no, I would give it a try.

In this support page, Samsung explains how to clear cache on the device.

Did you use SmartSwitch to set your S24 Ultra? If yes, would you consider trying to reset the phone and setting as new and then install apps as needed. I know it is a pain, but it could help you troubleshoot the issue. SmartSwitch is meant to make a painless transfer, but it can be quite the opposite.

Another possibility is to take the phone to be inspected in one of the Samsung shops if one is near you.

0 Likes
ashoam0d
Journeyman
Options

Thus us going ti be my ultimate solution before ditching the phone. 

I will need to back everything up a day try a fresh installation 

Thank you and I will keep you posted when I do 

0 Likes
DoN_PaBLo_89
Journeyman
Options
I have the same issue with the phone not charging. I've had mine since the 24/1 and it has happened three times. I can't say I've had problems with my battery draining fast though, battery life has honestly been amazing for me!! I have the official Samsung 25w charger but I use an anker 2m cable. I don't see how this should make any difference, anker are one of the top companies out there making charging products and I've never had this problem with any of my previous galaxies.
SharonJ
First Poster
Options

I just bought mine last night and I'm having the same issue, so I contacted Samsung support and they know about the issue and an update is coming, they weren't able to give me a timeline of when it will be available though, very disappointing given it's brand new and I can't rely on it.

akasha1057
First Poster
Options

yes...i am having the SAME issues and cant find any help. Seriously a brand new $1500 phone already with issues....not ok. Samsung needs to address this ASAP or this phone gets sent back.