Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S24 Ultra - Battery and Charging Issue

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 04:58 AM)
ashoam0d
Journeyman
Options

I had my S24 ultra for 10 days now.  Since i got it and until this morning i am having the same issues and nothing is making them better.  The issues are:

• Battery drains so fast i have to charge the phone multiple times a day.  This phone replaced the S23 Ultra with the exact same settings.  Checking the battery monitor and nothing seems to be draining the battery!!!!!
  • The charger does not always work.  If it doesn't, i have to restart the phone to work again.
  • Charging randomly stops at 80-81%.  i have the battery protection off and it still does that.  

i checked every post on the net and i cant find a solution.  Anybody with the same problem???

Go to solution
39 REPLIES 39
Members_KEHvrcR
First Poster
Options

Yes, I am facing exactly the same problem

0 Likes
ashoam0d
Journeyman
Options

So i did a reset and full NEW installation and the results are as follows:

• Battery life is back to normal just like my S23 Ultra.  
  • Random charging stopping is the same and i have to restart the phone to fix it.

i will wait for the update to fix it.  if it does not work, i will go back to my S23 Ultra.

Gromegrom
First Poster
Options

I have exact same issue. Stops changing. Needs resetting several times a day just to charge!

Disgusting quality, Samsung! You can't charge so much money for products like this!!!

0 Likes
Gio1307
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Comming from an s23 ultra which  was rock sold, this morning I have lost 10% in 1hr without use. And over night 10% lost in aeroplane mode...

Read some comments on apps etc, however used smart switch with exactly the same apps and settings so shouldn't be the case. If it keeps up definitely chasing a replacement 

0 Likes
Ultra21
Explorer
Options

I have this problem as well. It is definitely a battery issue which happens at random. Resetting the phone worked the first time. Also, while using a wireless charger the light was on (as in it is currently supplying power) but the phone was not charging at all! I woke up today with the battery almost drained. I used several cables until something took. This is a very big issue! Samsung please address ASAP.

0 Likes
JoefromNYC
Explorer
Options

@ashoam0d wrote:

I had my S24 ultra for 10 days now.  Since i got it and until this morning i am having the same issues and nothing is making them better.  The issues are:

• Battery drains so fast i have to charge the phone multiple times a day.  This phone replaced the S23 Ultra with the exact same settings.  Checking the battery monitor and nothing seems to be draining the battery!!!!!
  • The charger does not always work.  If it doesn't, i have to restart the phone to work again.
  • Charging randomly stops at 80-81%.  i have the battery protection off and it still does that.  

i checked every post on the net and i cant find a solution.  Anybody with the same problem???

@ashoam0d wrote:

I ordered two S24 Ultra 1TB unlocked.  My colleague's works fine, mine has been an utter disaster battery wise.  It takes 2.67 hours to charge the battery from 5% to 92% and then charging stops.  I unplug and then replug the charger and the phone continues to charge to 100%.

I have an S23 Ultra and two S22+s and of course many Super Fast Chargers.  All other phones well on my SPFs, only the S24Ultra does not.  The S24 has all the same apps as my S23Ultra as I did a Samsung Smart switch.  

I spent three hours with Samsung support.  They had be do trouble shooting including a Cache Purge reset and nothing changed.  They same behavior is experience whether I charge the phone while on or let it go to 0% shut down, and then charge the phone while keeping it off. 

However, when the phone reaches 92% with the phone shut down, a yellow triangle with an exclamation point appears with an image of a USB C with a line across it (I don't know it this is to indicate a port or USB C cable problem or either).  This happens with all the super fast chargers and to repeat, all the other phones work as predicted on each of these super fast chargers.

Support indicated that this might be a software issue, but that did not make sense.  

They finally recommended a phone replacement which I am not thrilled about.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
ashoam0d
Journeyman
Options

NEW FINDING

The phone after reset is still not charging randomly.

However, I found that during the not charging time, the status in the battery setting shows that it is Charging!!!!

It seems that the software sometimes get stuck thinking it is charging while it is not.

It seems also that during that time, it consumes more battery than the usual.

So I woke this morning and it was stuck at 80%.  The battery status shows it is still charging 1 hour after disconnecting the phone!!!!

1000011639.jpg

0 Likes
JoefromNYC
Explorer
Options

I just got a replacement s24 ultra and am experiencing milder versions of the problems affliction my first s24 Ultra.  This is worry some 

0 Likes
Alex-BY
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

just went to the support page and ... I have no "Optimize" button at all
p.s. I have "auto-optimization" flag which is set to "On" (setting to Off doesn't bring me "Optimize" button)

How can I clear cache?

p.s. 2 days has passed since my phone's battery had started loosing the power every minute by 1% and heating ...

Thank a lot

0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The "Optimise now" button is there if the phone needs optimisation. Swipe up to open the app try, on the search bar type "device" it should show an app called "Device care", tap to open the app.

Below the face, the "Optimise now" button will be there, if it is not there it should say "Great!" meaning that it does not need optimisation.

To clear cache, of an app go to settings:

Settings -> Apps

Scroll to the required app and tap it, the "App info" should open.

Scroll to Storage and tap. It should open the storage page, at bottom on the right there is "Clear cache". That will clear the cache for the app.

To clear the cache partition,

Swipe long from the top, on the top right there is the power button to the left of the settings button.

Turn off the phone.

connect the phone with a USB cable to a computer or another phone.

Press the side/power button and Volume up simultaneously until the samsung logo appears.

The phone should boot into recovery mode. The volume keys are used to navigate and the side/power button to select.

You can see this video to get familiar with the process. By the way, I have no association with video or the maker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68cEQmetaHk