Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Finnad
First Poster
Options
Hi everyone,

I recently updated my Galaxy S24 to the latest firmware, and I'm experiencing some serious battery life issues. I only charge my phone to 80 percent, and with moderate use, I'm lucky to get a few hours out of it. It's gotten to the point where I need to charge it a couple of times a day, which is rather annoying. 

I was under the impression that battery life would be much better after upgrading from the Galaxy S21. I've been a Samsung user for years, and it's never been this bad. I use my phone for work and personal stuff, so having to carry a charger everywhere is a major inconvenience.

Has anyone else noticed a drop in battery life since the last update? Any tips or solutions would be appreciated. I've already tried reducing screen brightness, disabling background apps, and turning off location services, but nothing seems to help.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Welcome to the Forum.

There have been dozens of posts on this subject so a search may have saved you needing to post.

Couple of things first....

1. Perform a Wipe Partition Cache on your device.

2. Go to Settings, Battery to see what is using your juice. There is normally an app or two that hasn't been updated by the developers that causes battery drain.

3. Go to Settings, Device Care and optimise your device.
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @Finnad 

How long have you had the phone for?

The battery performance is excellent, but I did not get good performance in the first 6 weeks.

Finnad
First Poster
Options
About 4 weeks
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you bring your data over using SmartSwitch,
0 Likes
Finnad
First Poster
Options
Yes I did
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
OK. There is a train of thought on here that using SmartSwitch may cause battery issues. Some of the more frequent members on here recommend setting up new devices from scratch, just bringing gallery and messages over on SSwitch.
0 Likes
timbo586
Pioneer
Options
Alternatively, there may be an issue with the update as members have wiped the phone after the update with the same issue remaining. https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s23-series/battery-drain-after-one-ui-6-1-update-s23-ultr...
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Please note the majority of that thread is about the S23.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Finnad 

You could try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too { Possibly excluding the s²⁴ Series of phone's } 

And consider allowing the battery to charge up to 💯 %

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes