Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life

(Topic created on: 30-04-2024 07:48 PM)
Finnad
First Poster
Options
Hi everyone,

I recently updated my Galaxy S24 to the latest firmware, and I'm experiencing some serious battery life issues. I only charge my phone to 80 percent, and with moderate use, I'm lucky to get a few hours out of it. It's gotten to the point where I need to charge it a couple of times a day, which is rather annoying. 

I was under the impression that battery life would be much better after upgrading from the Galaxy S21. I've been a Samsung user for years, and it's never been this bad. I use my phone for work and personal stuff, so having to carry a charger everywhere is a major inconvenience.

Has anyone else noticed a drop in battery life since the last update? Any tips or solutions would be appreciated. I've already tried reducing screen brightness, disabling background apps, and turning off location services, but nothing seems to help.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

If it was the update, it would affect all users. It doesn't. It only affects a small number of the millions of device owners.......
0 Likes
timbo586
Navigator
Options
Sure, but it was started by an S23 user so that would likely be the case anyway. There are users from all devices that updated to 6.1 reporting battery issues too though
0 Likes
timbo586
Navigator
Options
The update wouldn't necessarily affect all users, no. By that same logic all users of Samsung SS would have the same issue too. Wiping my device did not help, instead it took many hours to restore all of the settings, data and notifications to all of my apps. I think it's fair to suggest many users after 6.1 have had battery issues, and therefore to highlight a thread with such problems to contribute and share solutions
0 Likes
Barry Allen
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded to s24 and I'm seeing significant battery drain, I know that it's a compact phone, but it should at least last me a day. I get a battery backup of around 4-4.5 hours on 1 charge. it's been a month since I got the phone, also read that the device will take time to understand and give a good battery backup, but I am not able to see any improvements. I charge my phone twice a day. 25-30% of the battery is drained when it's not in use. I sleep for 7-8 hours, and in that 7-8 hours there is a 13-15% battery drain, and thats a lot. while using Instagram I notice a 2-3% battery drop in 7-8 minutes. I almost tried every trick available on this forum and the internet. I don't know how to fix it. 

Also, I noticed the phone becomes hot in the initial 15 minutes of playing CODM

Kindly help me with this. I have no idea how to save my battery. 

rodmendes92
Explorer
Options
Hi,
I can confirm the poor battery performance on my S24 256gb phone. It was great for the first few weeks but lately it does not last much longer...
0 Likes
rodmendes92
Explorer
Options
Exactly the same thing I experience on my S24 256gb phone... When not in use and on standby I can see the battery draining 20% minimum... This phone is a joke! I wonder if it is the same issue with the S24 users that were lucky to have the snapdragon chip?!
0 Likes
rodmendes92
Explorer
Options
Stopped charging 3h21m ago... 😭1715423238109.jpg
0 Likes