Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra charging issues

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Members_HXHaGPp
First Poster
Options

Received my brand new S24U around two weeks ago. Plugged it in and it wouldn't fast charge or show fast charging only cable charing and was taking HOURS to get a full charge, charging symbol constantly flashing on the screen as if I was connecting and disconecting the charger. Randomly getting USB connected/disconnected notification for hours at a time with nothing connected. Moisture detected warning other times I tried to plug the cable in (no moisture or debris at all had been in cntact with the phone) or it just point blank wouldn't recognise that there was a charger plugged in. 

Managed to get it replaced today by my carrier under warranty first thing I did with the replacement out of the box was plug the charger in only to immediately be met with the moisture detected warning. I eventually managed to get rid of that, it's been on charge for the last hour and is LOSING battery!! Interestingly this one is showing on andoff that fast charger is connected not that it's doing any good since the ***** thing won't charge. 

I'm using original Samsung chargers/leads, I have tried resetting the partition cache, fast charging is enabled, I've tried toggling it off and on makes no difference and and I've restarted the phone numerous times. 

I'm thinking this must be some sort of software issue considering I'm having the exact same problems with both of them? Also I had the S22 before this and when I upgraded to the latest software I started having pretty much the same problems which is what prompted me to upgrade in the first place! 

I've been Samsung only for the last 10+ years but at this point I'm ready to give it back and get an iPhone, feel like ripping my own hair out. 

6 REPLIES 6
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Have you tried using a different charger and/or cable that you know is working. Are you able to use a wireless charger as a comparison? Is the device brand new unused or refurbished. Have you contacted your carrier again?
Missboop
Student
Options

Experiencing this Same EXACT ISSUE right now 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_HXHaGPp 

You have certainly not had the best experience with your new phone(s)

As mentioned by @Robin999  👍 can you try another charging brick, please. 

You can always ask for another replacement if using a completely different charging brick or a wireless charger does not help. 

You can also send feedback via the Samsung Members App. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/galaxy-battery/charging-tips. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DeranH
First Poster
Options

I am also having an issue with cables not connecting correctly, I have now tried several different brands and they all slip out of the port, so I have to consistently keep checking on the phone , as the slightest bump will knock the cable loose and it won't charge, not impressed by the issue.

Have been using a wireless charger as I found it was more reliable option, problem is, it takes hours and hours to fully charge.

0 Likes
Tom722
First Poster
Options

I have had the same issue with my Galaxy s24 plus. I took the phone back and got it replaced. Now the replacement phone is doing the same thing. It is very frustrating. Why hasn't Samsung come up with a solution when it seems to be a common problem?

0 Likes
Tom722
First Poster
Options

I have tried different cables. It is not a cable issue. It is undoubtedly a phone issue

0 Likes