Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is up with the 24 ultra camera

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Daviejoneslocker
First Poster
Options
Hi all , so this is my second ever Samsung, and it seems they haven't learnt their lesson. I've always used a Google phone or a nexus , something along them lines. 2020 I had the S20 ultra with a camera that couldn't focus, now it's the s24 ultras turn. That camera is just bloody *****. From shutter speed issue, to inaccurate white Ballance, broken HDR10+ blurred zoomed photos in 3x it's just a repeat from a few years ago. This is meant to be the best point and shoot experience on android, nope just nope one of the very worst from what I'm experiencing and reading.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @Daviejoneslocker 

The camera app still needs some optimisations. The shutter speed can be fixed by installing the camera assistance and disabling shutter button to take videos. The phone waits to check if you want to take a picture by touch and release or a video by pressing and holding.

There is meant to be another major camera update by next month as well. They might solve the white balance and zoom issues.

The hardware is capable, but the app is not quite there yet. Let's hope that May update will change that.

RahimAdoborn
Explorer
Options
I am sure they are not relenting. Just give it a couple more updates.

S24 series are still an awesome bunch!
0 Likes
markgilbert
Apprentice
Options
What about the awful auto edit after every photo? Can this be turned off?
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @markgilbert 

You might like to create you own thread. Your post is somewhat related, but different.

I think that what you see, it is not the camera, but the gallery. In the camera app, you could select Minimum "Intelligent Optimisation"

Camera -> Camera Settings -> Intelligent Optimisation

Please do go through all the settings and change them to your liking,

The Gallery "adjust" the way the picture is displayed, but if you take the picture out the phone a see it on another device, e.g. laptop, you will not see the "optimisations". In the Gallery Settings, you have viewing options. You might like to turn off Auto HDR. 

0 Likes
Iznogood58
First Poster
Options

The optimization options don't let you turn off optimization, which in my works indicates that the camera is over engineered.

The image quality from 50mp and 200mp is no better that the 12mp camera,  no matter what I try with settings and no matter what lighting conditions.

I cannot see any details better in images taken with the 200mp camera than I can with the 12 mp. Not even with Raw. Wtf.....

0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @Iznogood58, welcome to the community forum.

Please create you own thread, so you may get better help.

It is known that the camera app is not quite there yet. It is a common occurrence when a new phone is released. The camera needs a few updates until it is stable.

What do you mean by "which in my works indicates that the camera is over engineered."?

What is your line of work?

0 Likes