Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarting multiple times a day S22

(Topic created on: 14-01-2023 07:26 PM)
ArcticSimon
Explorer
Options
Anyones base s22 restarting multiple times a day? It restarts when I'm using it, when I'm not using it, charging overnight, I saw it restart when just sat on my car dash then when I got home I went to unlock it and it restarted again. 6-10 times a day. Auto optimisation is not on. 
30 REPLIES 30
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good @ArcticSimon 

I assume no water has managed to get inside the phone and it's not been accidentally bumped.

If you haven't already can you try these troubleshooting guides >

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ArcticSimon
Explorer
Options
No it has not been near any water. I have only had it less than two months and its been doing it since I got it. I have factory reset it and set it up without using smart switch which didn't sort the problem. I have cleared cache partition. I am going to try and put it in safe mode for an extended period of time when I get time to do this and see if it still restarts. Thanks.
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @ArcticSimon. Further to what @BandOfBrothers has advised and what you have tried so far, if the random restarts are not evident whilst in Safe Mode, then it suggests that they are being caused by a third-party app or apps.

To resolve this, just exit Safe Mode, then begin uninstalling apps you've downloaded one by one (restarting the phone between each app uninstallation) until the issue fixes itself.

Once you've identified the troublesome app, you can reinstall the other apps via the Galaxy/Google Play Store.

ArcticSimon
Explorer
Options
Yes I will try this if it doesn't restart on safe mode though i don't think i have any 'unusual' apps installed.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks, @ArcticSimon. My apologies for not being as clear as I had intended. It's not so much that the apps themselves would be unusual, per se, but more that it/they might not be functioning as expected. 

I'd also recommend that you also check, if you haven't already, whether all your apps are fully up-to-date. If there are any updates due, I'd recommend downloading and installing those as well.

Furthermore, the article below should prove helpful:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-fix-apps-that-keep-crashing-or-freezing/ 

0 Likes
Jonesy1
Pioneer
Options
My S21 ultra has been doing it since the 22nd of November when I updated to android 13. Nothing has worked to fix the issue. Had the door stop repair guy yesterday and he replaced to motherboard saying they are getting lots of these currently. So far so good 👍🏼
0 Likes
ArcticSimon
Explorer
Options
I had my phone in safe mode today. It restarted twice while in safe mode so I do not believe it is an app causing this issue. Funnily enough I came here to write this post and it restarted part way through typing! I will have to see what they come back with through the error report.
0 Likes
ArcticSimon
Explorer
Options
@BandOfBrothers Samsung from my my error report again assure me that it is fixed in the 'next software' update. They also said this before I had upgraded to the January update. So I asked again is it the next one. Anyway in the mean time I was playing around with some settings and I turned ram plus off. My phone did not restart overnight. It has restarted a couple of times since, maybe 2 or 3 as opposed to 10-20 in the same time before.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you for keeping us here in the loop @ArcticSimon  👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes