Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra - Battery drains very quickly

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 09:26 AM)
Adrr556
Explorer
Options

Have had my Galaxy S22 Ultra (Exynos) since launch and it's really good coming from the Pixel 6 Pro but having three issues which I'm sure are linked:

> Battery drains very quickly. I'd unplug it at 100% and within 10 mins of idle I've already lost one percent of my battery. SOT maximum is 3 hours so am tied to a powerbank. This is pathetic and I'm needlessly using up charge cycles. 
>Phone is hot on idle. I'd pull the phone out of my pocket where it hasn't been touched but it will hot to the touch
>Constant microlags and stutters whilst using the phone in e.g. the interface. 

Anyone else having these issues? I already factory reset one day after having it as thought this to ve abnormal but it's still exactly the same. 
385 REPLIES 385
Thejoker_
Explorer
Options

@ommar83 

Thanks. Screen on time seems to be just below 5:30 hours in total of 16 hours. So, the battery would last a day with average use. But you said you turned off wifi or mobile data time to time, right? So, you were not always online. 

0 Likes
hel22
Explorer
Options

I got a notice to update to android 13. I'm very wary! Will battery life get even worse? Do ppl have problems with Android 13? 

Thejoker_
Explorer
Options

Hi @hel22 

How is your battery life currently, without the update? And which device do you have?

0 Likes
Thejoker_
Explorer
Options

Hi @The_Chemist 

I asked about this in another Samsung community post (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/s22-ultra-battery-drain-after-9th-july-update/...) and both of the replying users reported improved battery life following an update. Not sure whether it applies to the users in this post, too, as the previous commenters of this post do not reply anymore except for you and another user.

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

@Thejoker_ I think everyone else gave up. 

I did not notice any better battery life at all. 

I'm getting rid of this phone and getting one with much better battery life and good sound.  The internal speakers are awful and the Bluetooth sound is flat. 

This time around, I'll read reviews before purchasing. I got stung on this S22 Ultra. 

hel22
Explorer
Options

100% in the morning, very light use at work, afternoon heavier use, by 6PM its down to 25 percent usually. I have the S22. 

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

It's called "Verizon app manager"

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

I freaking hate 13. I get ghost notifications, sometimes my toggles won't show, out of nowhere it'll get SUPER laggy to where I can't even restart the phone

Granted this could be because of a rogue app, which I found out Verizon App manager may be an issue. So we'll see if it stops after I disabled that!

GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

Hi there!!   I have seen such complaints about the battery--I remember speaking with you on this site.  Since I purchased my phone from Samsung, I had to get a replacement from insurance (Verizon) they upgraded me to the 512 memory size.  I found that I would NEVER again purchase an unlocked phone.  The carriers definitely add their own "hidden" whatever to the phones.  The battery is OK but not as bad as it was.  I get a full day of screen time, but that is only with making/receiving calls and basic internet/social media.  I prefer to use my laptop for that.  But avoid purchasing ANYTHING from SAMSUNG.  

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

@GeminiJanet I remember talking to you on this thread as well when we first got our S22 Ultra phones. 

I remember that you had a mishap with yours and you ended up getting a replacement - Verizon carrier version. 

A coworker of mine has an S22 Ultra from Verizon as well. He also has much better battery life than my abysmal Samsung Unlocked S22 Ultra. 

You may be on to something.... 

0 Likes