Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra - Battery drains very quickly

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 09:26 AM)
Adrr556
Explorer
Options

Have had my Galaxy S22 Ultra (Exynos) since launch and it's really good coming from the Pixel 6 Pro but having three issues which I'm sure are linked:

> Battery drains very quickly. I'd unplug it at 100% and within 10 mins of idle I've already lost one percent of my battery. SOT maximum is 3 hours so am tied to a powerbank. This is pathetic and I'm needlessly using up charge cycles. 
>Phone is hot on idle. I'd pull the phone out of my pocket where it hasn't been touched but it will hot to the touch
>Constant microlags and stutters whilst using the phone in e.g. the interface. 

Anyone else having these issues? I already factory reset one day after having it as thought this to ve abnormal but it's still exactly the same. 
385 REPLIES 385
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

@Thejoker_ The Samsung Visit app is not installed on my S22 Ultra. Thanks though for the suggestion! 

JamesAutoDude
Explorer
Options

@The_Chemist wrote:

@Thejoker_ The Samsung Visit app is not installed on my S22 Ultra. Thanks though for the suggestion! 

Dang I thought it was with everyone's since I'm not able to uninstall it... But I would still check out what's in battery->memory->apps not used recently. That tells you everything open in the background, may be able to narrow it down that way 

0 Likes
Pat16
Journeyman
Options

They need to recall this phone. I had mine replaces 3 times due to the same issue, all 3 phones went from fully charged to dead within about an hour. Within typing this comment, I went from full to 95 percent. The phone is basically useless.

0 Likes
Pat16
Journeyman
Options

These phones are garbage. Everyone I know with this model has the same issue, and when I bring my phone to Verizon or best buy, they tell me "yeah this model has a faulty battery, you gotta buy a new phone"... I just bought this phone. I've had to buy 3 of them back to back, all had the same issue

jakepf
Explorer
Options

Alright, I know I complained about battery life previously in this thread, but I definitely haven't experienced it this badly. The worst I've had so far was 3hrs of screen on time with somewhere in the ball park of 13hrs of screen off time. My best screen on time (with max charge limiter of 85% enabled) was 6 and a half hours of screen on time. And that was pretty much just me spending half the day watching twitch, writing comments, reading stuff, checking marketplaces like Amazon, or other web surfing, video watching, social media type things. My battery life has honestly improved exponentially since the last time I posted. I have 120hz refresh rate turned on, and the default screen resolution. I have frankly been enjoying the hell out of it. I love the phone. Especially the camera.

I feel like you might be exaggerating the issues you're facing, because it doesn't make sense that every phone you got it replaced with failed. There must be something you're doing to cause this. Some kind of issue on the users side at that point. Unless the ENTIRE batch that was shipped to and sold in your area was faulty and not recalled immediately upon many customer complaints, than I seriously think it's a user error problem. I don't know your circumstances, or your location, so I can't really know for sure. All I know is if it was as big a problem as you're making it out to be, then we'd all be hearing about it. It would be making headlines. But that doesn't seem to be the case. 

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

@Pat16 They pretty much stuck it to us!  We paid megabucks for these devices and it's literally the worst Samsung phone I've ever owned. 

The only way out is to spend more money. 

0 Likes