Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S 22 Ultra Vs S 23 FE

(Topic created on: 03-03-2024 02:27 PM)
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
My mom's phone was stolen last week. She had a S20FE which she loved, and now I want to gift her a new phone.
 She is not very techy but she loves a good phone experience and my budget is for S23FE but if i stretch it a little bit I can buy her S22 Ultra, for the better experience. 
In the UK both phones come with Exynos Chipset.

I have reviewed both phones on YouTube and I would love to give her the S22U but there are many complaints about overheating, which I am mostly worried about, and that the battery drains fast. Otherwise I am impressed with the phone and the bigger screen and the over all top performance of an Ultra phone.

The S23FE is newer and has alot of features, but the screen is smaller and I know she would like a bigger screen, but also there are complaints about the battery life.

From what I reviewed the S22U performs better, but I was wondering if I can get a few user experience opinions to help me chose which phone to buy. Why I can't decide is because over all the S22U is better, but older, while the S23FE is newer. If we had both phones with Snapdragon in the UK still the S22U would be a no brainer for me, but possibly the Exynos on the S23FE is better moded. Feature wise, i believe that the S22U is better.

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Does your mom like to game? If so then I'd say you may have a better experience with the SD version, somewhat. But barring that I wouldn't worry which chipset is in your device because the discrepancies are blown way out of proportion. The S22U was in my honest opinion, a better phone than the S21U for performance but not on battery life. It wasn't bad per se, but I found it lacking compared to my S21U.
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
As far as I know she does not play games, she is using it as a phone and she likes to watch live transmissions, YouTube and apps that support video calls, that's why I want a good big screen for her. I tried to find SD version but no luck so far. 😞
Yes I've been thinking about the S21 U as well.
JerryS
Voyager
Options
Hiya, I had the S22 Ultra and was very disappointed with the battery life. Heating wasn't much of an issue for me but I don't really do much gaming. Apart from battery life it was fine. But that was important as I didn't trust the battery to last if I was out for the day. I dont have any experience of the S23FE but I believe it has the same Exynos 2200 chip as the UK S22 Ultra, it has a smaller display but also a smaller battery (4500mAh vs 5000mAh). Personally I wouldn't be tempted by either. The A range might be another possibility. Hope this helps and all the best with the purchase.
Piper123
Maestro
Options
I agree with @Joeeye for the most part but for myself I'll never have Exynos again.

Had the S24 Ultra come with Exynos, I would not have bought it.

I'll ask a question (but please don't answer it on here) but can you stretch to an S23 Ultra? If yes (even if quality used) it is a brilliant device.
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
It's the age old question...and it's a minefield.
I liked my S22U and never had any problems with it. Not tried the S23FE sorry.
It all comes down to what the phone will be used for. If your mum only uses it for basic tasks have you considered the soon to be released A55 5G. 6.5 inch screen and big battery. Obviously not as many bells and whistles as the flagships but again what does she really use it for. Good luck.
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
This helps very much. Thank you. :smiling-face:
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
Yes, S22U great specs but everyone says the battery life is a let down. For the specs though, I'd have it as a phone even myself. :smiling-face:
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I had flagships, they are brilliant phones, thank you very much for the advice.
0 Likes
JerryS
Voyager
Options
Yeah absolutely, it was just the battery life for me that was the problem