Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Turn off notification vibration

(Topic created on: 09-04-2021 10:12 PM)
Rez
Explorer
Options
Is there a way to turn off vibration for when I receive a notification (mainly text), but make sure the phone still rings when I receive a call?
I've set the vibration intensity to 0 but the phone still vibrates when I get notified 
27 REPLIES 27
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Rez ,

I would be happy to have a look at this for you. Can you confirm what phone and software version are you using and if the phone is vibrating when you receive Messages only or any other notification?

0 Likes
harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
SMS settings should fix it, if not then you may have a bug on your phone. Speak to the guy above and I'm sure he will be able to walk you through it.
0 Likes
Rez
Explorer
Options
The phone is the Galaxy a52 5g and it's running android 11, from what I can gather it seems like it vibrates when I receive a text message (snapchat, instagram, social media platforms etc) and I don't see any specific option anywhere to turn off vibration for notifications
Rez
Explorer
Options
I've tried to look for settings to turn it off but can't seem to find an option to, maybe I'm just not looking well enough 😅, I just want to be able to keep my ringtone on without my phone buzzing or sounding for a notification
harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
Should be able to find it if you open you msgs, then click on the 3 dots and go to settings.
0 Likes
Rez
Explorer
Options
There's no option for anything to do with vibration, just if I want notifications to be displayed or not. But thank you for trying to help
harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
Mind your phone also has its own search bar to look for certainbpqrts of your phone. Can do it from your home screen if you swipe up the search bar should be at the top
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Rez: Please head to Settings > Apps > Messages > Notifications > General Notifications > Vibrate, and toggle this off. Go back and do the same for New Messages, and this should resolve your issue. 

Rez
Explorer
Options
Thank you that worked
0 Likes