Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A53 Crashing, Freezing and Restarting

(Topic created on: 25-03-2023 01:34 PM)
takemyall7
Apprentice
Options

Hi!

I have an A53 that started crashing and freezing about 24 hours ago. When the crashes occur, my only option is to do a force restart. The crashes are not app-specific. They have occurred while using Youtube, Teams, and Chrome as well as upon reboot. 

I have cleared cache (including the cache partition), extended virtual RAM memory, and other things suggested short of doing a factory reset.

I took on the upgrade to Android 13 last week, so there's a possibility in my mind that's problem (can this be rolled back?).

13 REPLIES 13
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
If I was in your situation, I would perform a factory reset. Then keep downloaded apps to a minimum. If all well, then slowly introduce more apps over a period of time.
I know a factory reset is a bit harsh. If you still have the problem after performing one. Then you know the only course of action is to take it in to a service centre for repair.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
The upgrade to Android 13 would not cause the restarting. Unless of course the update got corrupted somehow during the vital installation process.
I have the A53 myself and is working great after the Android 13 update.
TonySamNotSung
First Poster
Options

I've the same issue! Cache cleared, factory reset. Still issues persist! And there's nowhere online that has any info on how best to fix this except the ones already done. If you've somehow managed to solve this, please help. Thanks in advance.

takemyall7
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately, the saga continues. I did a factory reset, which somehow made things work. Then, I opened a ticket with Samsung and brought it to an authorized shop. They are able to do hardware diagnostic testing and a full reset of the phone. They did this. For a few hours, the phone was better and then the freezing began. My next step is to open up a ticket for replacement. There really is no other option at this point since it's under warranty.

And you are right to be frustrated. There is zero help on this issue, in spite of it being a now longstanding issue. I can't envision ever buying a Samsing phone again.

PaulM1
Options

Hi, @takemyall7 (and @TonySamNotSung). I definitely wouldn't expect your A53 to be crashing and restarting, and I understand that you have both already followed a number of steps.

It's important that you get this resolved, so I highly recommend submitting an Error report at this point. This will allow our developers to take a closer look at this issue for you, and they will get back to you as soon as possible with additional suggestions:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

Please update the thread when you get this resolved.

Xusanboy
Journeyman
Options

Hello, please help me?! My phone screen is freeze(about 3-4 sec) after unlock by fingerprint. This happens often. My phone is A53 5G - 8/128. I bought it on May 5. Android updated till latest version(13).

Thanks in advanve!

Members_o5ZRTex
First Poster
Options

Yeah well.. thanks a lot.. 500 euros for this. The last Samsung im buying.. I've worked like a slave for 2 weeks to buy it

0 Likes
Xusanboy
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Xusanboy
Journeyman
Options

Good luck!

0 Likes