Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Faulty?

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 09:27 AM)
DolphinT7
Apprentice
Options

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Watch4 and because I bought the Watch4 Classic and couldn't make up my mind which one, so one possible decision is to keep both. I decided to keep the Classic so I requested a refund for the Watch4 and AFTER I requested the refund I'm cleaning the wrist side of the watch for any fingerprints and I use a magnifying glass and I see a mark at about 12 O'clock. Now before DPD have collect the return, I order the Watch4 again from Samsung and DPD delivered the new Watch4 the same to I return the previous. The first thing I  do when opening the Watch box is to inspect with the magnifying glass and to my surprise the exact same mark as on the return is on the one received today, and the mark is in the exact same position. So Samsung can you please verify if the Watch4 are being marked or is it a faulty batch? The Classic does not have the mark because I've inspected it too with a magnifying glass. If any one has the Watch4 purchased from the Samsung side take a look at the wrist side of the watch and use a magnifying class and if you see the mark please leave a comment. I might purchase from Amazon and see if it has the same mark and if I do I'll update this message. The only problem ordering it from Amazon is the Sport Band is going to be the M/L size vs ordering from the Samsung site where I can select the Sport Band S/L size (Item Model Number ET-SFR86SBEGEU). 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Dude you inspect your watch with a magnifying glass and complain when you find an imperfection on a minuscule level? You have issues lol

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
Just out of interest what is the magnification strength of your magnifying glass?
0 Likes
DolphinT7
Apprentice
Options
I think 10 and the small lense 25
0 Likes
DolphinT7
Apprentice
Options
Lol. It's because I wear glasses for reading.
Benji96
Voyager
Options

Since you can see the mark only with magnification, could you share a photo of what that looks like? It would be interesting to see.
Because it's on the same spot and both watches have it, and it's only visible on a screen that's turned off (at least I assume you've turned off the watches or, at least, the screen when checking it), I'd say that it might be the ambient light sensor. On my previous Galaxy Watch (the one with this exact model name; SM-R800) it was rather central with a slight leaning to 6 o'clock and only visible when the screen was turned off, and even then only with very specific lighting conditions and from a rather flat angle. And it was the ambient light sensor. Maybe it's positioned differently on the regular Watch4 and the Watch4 Classic, so you've only found it on the Watch4 but not on the Watch4 Classic.

0 Likes