Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch 4 - If u have tattoos u cant wear a samsung watch and have it working properly?!

(Topic created on: 08-09-2021 06:19 PM)
RegP
Navigator
Options

So its true! If u have tattoos u cant wear a samsung watch and have it working properly, this is discrimination and a disgrace, this message will get deleted tho like my last

121 REPLIES 121
NINJER
Explorer
Options

My galaxy watch 4 is not working, I noticed that it somehow thinks I'm not wearing the device.

Never had this issue with my Huawei watch with constant heart rate monitoring, it could see though my sleeve tattoo, quite dark patchy area underneath where I wear my watch.

EDIT: 2021-09-15 - I made a youtube video to show this happens instantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMFf9p7Xtk

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Try wearing your watch on the other wrist.
0 Likes
NINJER
Explorer
Options

I have, that's why I know it is my tattoo makes the watch think I'm not wearing it.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@NINJER: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. The user manual states that if the sensors on the back of your Watch 4 do not come into contact with your wrist for more than 10 minutes, your watch may recognise that you are not wearing it, and it seems that tattoos can stop the sensors from coming into contact with the skin.

0 Likes
barrycarey
First Poster
Options

I'm have the same issue. It's my first smart watch and I never knew tattoos were an issue. Both arms are covered so I can't switch wrists 

The main reason I got it was because of the heart rate monitor. Looks like I'm out of luck and will be returning 

0 Likes
DKR56
Student
Options

I have the same issue with my new watch 4,  never had that issue with my watch 3 ! I really regret getting this watch 4 and trading in my watch 3

0 Likes
NINJER
Explorer
Options

It shouldn't be, they just haven't tested on people with tattoos on this watch, seems too sensitive and tells us we are not wearing the watch when we clearly are. An oversite, hopefully fixed with a patch but i won't hold my breath.

Still not going to wear my watch on the other arm, it feels wrong. 

0 Likes
NINJER
Explorer
Options

You obviously don't know how tattoos work.

Tattoos are underneath the skin, the watch is touching  my skin.
My watch4 can still read my heartrate, blood pressure etc when I do it manually and continue to keep the screen ON.

But as soon as the screen goes off, it thinks i've taken my watch off, goes into deep sleep mode with screen off, then when I wake the watch again it asks for my pincode.

0 Likes
NINJER
Explorer
Options

AND its deffinitly not 10 minutes, its as soon as i put the watch onto my wrist with tattoos, no reviewer seems to have tattoos on youtube, I may have to do a video now.