Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch 4 - If u have tattoos u cant wear a samsung watch and have it working properly?!

(Topic created on: 08-09-2021 06:19 PM)
RegP
Navigator
Options

So its true! If u have tattoos u cant wear a samsung watch and have it working properly, this is discrimination and a disgrace, this message will get deleted tho like my last

121 REPLIES 121
DKR56
Student
Options

Thank you for this!!!! Now maybe they will do something about it. The watch 3 didn't have this issue this new one is lacking something! Your video shows the problem exactly!!

zagladacz
Explorer
Options

Im on the same boat.

So shame on Samsung because Galaxy Watch 3 and Galaxy Active 2 were working with no issue. 

Samsung we are waiting for your statement about this issue - should we get rid of Galaxy Watch 4 or its gonna be fixed by update ?!

RegP
Navigator
Options
Def wont be fixed mate unfortunately
0 Likes
zagladacz
Explorer
Options

there is another thread about Watch 4 problems with tattoos, someone said that Samsung service promised to fix this 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Tattoos-and-the-Watch-4/td-p/1970827

0 Likes
RegP
Navigator
Options
Must be such an easy fix for the notifications side of things, the heart rate sensors etc tho i dont think will ever work
0 Likes
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

Hey... it was my post that mentioned the Samsung call center guaranteeing a fix. I'm personally not holding my breath though. I think it's an easy fix for the notifications, which in turn should fix anything sensor related. Every Samsung watch I've owned allowed me to choose the setting that allowed notifications to come through even when the watch wasn't being worn (which in the case of tattoos is always) they did away with that setting on the GW4 (which is what I was promised would be fixed) the interesting part to be is if I choose to manually measure my heart rate/etc the watch has no problem getting my readings even with the ink. I think the issue is strictly in the part of the sensor that tells the watch if it's on your arm. If they would bring back the same setting that allowed all notifications even when you weren't wearing your watch there wouldn't be anything to trip up the other sensor reliant readings from working. In the meantime my watch stays with a completely blacked out screen (no always on display or notifications) at all times. Both my new GW4's are nothing more than expensive paper weights until Samsung allows us the same notification settings they've always allowed. The notification settings menu tells you that alarms and reminders will come through even if the watch isn't being worn, it's not rocket science to give us the option to allow everything to come through if we're not wearing the watch. 

0 Likes
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

Screenshot_20210915-013952_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes
RegP
Navigator
Options
it would work further down on ur wrist bone, ur lucky u even have that blank bit of skin to play with iv got my hands done aswell 😦😦
0 Likes
c2lass
Journeyman
Options

My husband has just got his second Galaxy Watch 4, the first went back after not getting any notifications at all. Replacement they sent is exactly the same. Spent hours on the phone to support and they have been through everything. After reading this thread we now realise the issue is his tattoos as he has ink all the way down his arm. Tried the watch on my arm which is tatt free and hey presto it works. So another name to add to the growing list of this problem.

0 Likes
LinnSpringer
Apprentice
Options

I have the exact same issue and after over a month disussing back and forward with the support, it dawned on me that it is because of my tattoos. They never suggested that being the problem with me not getting notifications. I think that always getting notifications regardelss if you are wearing the watch or not is a good solution. I had that setting on on my last Galaxy Watch.
Because both of my arms are heavily tattooed and it goes down to my hands, I cannot wear the watch on any other place. I just read here that that is the problem.