Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 Running on treadmill shows wrong results

(Topic created on: 07-01-2022 10:15 PM)
ronta_17
Journeyman
Options
Wearables

When I run on a treadmill my GW 4 Classic shows wrong values for distances. 

My treadmill shows me running 3km for 20 minutes at 9Km/h when my watch shows me running anywhere between 0,28 to 2,5km.  An example: 20 minutes running, 2,900 steps and distance 0,28km. That indicates a stride lenght of 10 cm!!!

Is there anyway to calibrate the stride lenght? (there should be)!

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
AndrewL
Options
Wearables

@ronta_17: The Galaxy Watch 4 uses location tracking to measure distance, so it won't provide accurate readings when running on a treadmill. Have you tried going for a short run outdoors to see if the readings improve? 

0 Likes
ronta_17
Journeyman
Options
Wearables

Yes, I have run outdoors as well, and then it's accurate. My question remains: Since there is a treadmill program, why does it show distances if it's so inaccurate. It should be a fairly easy solution to be able to input my average stride lenght...

Terry1979
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Same here. Running 5km on treadmill equals about 4.2km on the watch

Jamtart
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I have the same issue. Ran for 30 mins on treadmill and it shows that I ran 4.7k on the treadmill but only 0.12 on my watch.

It's definitely an issue because last year I ran for 1 hour 10 mins on the treadmill and my watch showed I ran for 7.7 miles.

I've tried updating and restarting the watch but still the same issue today

0 Likes
Jamtart
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Just seen a post advising to disable GPS when on the treadmill as the latest update messed up the treadmill functions. Worth trying that out until Samsung release a fix.

0 Likes
ronta_17
Journeyman
Options
Wearables

Interesting!

I will try this later today and report back!

0 Likes
ronta_17
Journeyman
Options
Wearables

OK, better, but not accurate enough. 2.9 according to treadmill, 2.58km from GW4. I will try again for a couple of days and report back.

0 Likes
Mauroamd
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I have the same issue with my GW4 classic, the distance and speed measure are wrong. I had a galaxy watch active before and the measurement on the treadmill was very accurate in speed as well as distance. Hope samsung improves it soon

0 Likes
ronta_17
Journeyman
Options
Wearables

Nope, still not accurate enough! Twice running 3 km  on treadmill, samsung health reporting 2.61 and 2.58Km. better, but still about 10-15% off.