Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Running on treadmill shows wrong results

(Topic created on: 09-01-2022 01:27 PM)
ronta_17
Journeyman
Options

When I run on a treadmill my GW 4 Classic shows wrong values for distances. 

My treadmill shows me running 3km for 20 minutes at 9Km/h when my watch shows me running anywhere between 0,28 to 2,5km.  An example: 20 minutes running, 2,900 steps and distance 0,28km. That indicates a stride lenght of 10 cm!!!

Is there anyway to calibrate the stride lenght? (there should be)!

46 REPLIES 46
AndrewL
Options

@ronta_17: The Galaxy Watch 4 uses location tracking to measure distance, so it won't provide accurate readings when running on a treadmill. Have you tried going for a short run outdoors to see if the readings improve? 

0 Likes
ronta_17
Journeyman
Options

Yes, I have run outdoors as well, and then it's accurate. My question remains: Since there is a treadmill program, why does it show distances if it's so inaccurate. It should be a fairly easy solution to be able to input my average stride lenght...

Terry1979
Journeyman
Options

Same here. Running 5km on treadmill equals about 4.2km on the watch

Jamtart
Student
Options

I have the same issue. Ran for 30 mins on treadmill and it shows that I ran 4.7k on the treadmill but only 0.12 on my watch.

It's definitely an issue because last year I ran for 1 hour 10 mins on the treadmill and my watch showed I ran for 7.7 miles.

I've tried updating and restarting the watch but still the same issue today

Jamtart
Student
Options

Just seen a post advising to disable GPS when on the treadmill as the latest update messed up the treadmill functions. Worth trying that out until Samsung release a fix.

ronta_17
Journeyman
Options

Interesting!

I will try this later today and report back!

0 Likes
ronta_17
Journeyman
Options

OK, better, but not accurate enough. 2.9 according to treadmill, 2.58km from GW4. I will try again for a couple of days and report back.

0 Likes
Mauroamd
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my GW4 classic, the distance and speed measure are wrong. I had a galaxy watch active before and the measurement on the treadmill was very accurate in speed as well as distance. Hope samsung improves it soon

0 Likes
ronta_17
Journeyman
Options

Nope, still not accurate enough! Twice running 3 km  on treadmill, samsung health reporting 2.61 and 2.58Km. better, but still about 10-15% off.