Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Running on treadmill shows wrong results

(Topic created on: 07-01-2022 10:15 PM)
ronta_17
Journeyman
Options

When I run on a treadmill my GW 4 Classic shows wrong values for distances. 

My treadmill shows me running 3km for 20 minutes at 9Km/h when my watch shows me running anywhere between 0,28 to 2,5km.  An example: 20 minutes running, 2,900 steps and distance 0,28km. That indicates a stride lenght of 10 cm!!!

Is there anyway to calibrate the stride lenght? (there should be)!

46 REPLIES 46
ronta_17
Journeyman
Options

AndrewL:  Any comments?

0 Likes
ronta_17
Journeyman
Options

It occurs to me now that I never mentioned that it's the app Samsung Health I'm referring to... Sorry about that!

And my last run still shows a 15 % difference compared to my treadmill. 

0 Likes
Terry1979
Journeyman
Options

Same here, consistently 15% off (under) when running but accurate when walking

0 Likes
jonnor
First Poster
Options
Same problem, I recently "upgraded" to Galaxy watch from cheaper brand which allowed me to correct the distance on a treadmill workout. Now I regularly run 5k but have it recorded as about 4.5-4.6k.
0 Likes
RSmaker
First Poster
Options

At the very least, I wish the app would allow us to enter in time and distance after the fact.  Might not be ideal, but at least we can track it accurately.  I've been typing those values into the comments so I can track my progress.

Sooshi
Student
Options

I have the same issue here. Ran 5km, the watch tracked 3.71. Now I have to run with my old 30$ amazfit band which - behold - allows me to calibrate the distance after the run and "learns" from it. Note that my running speed/stride differs indoors (with A/C) and outdoors (35 celsius all year long here), so GPS calibration would be a poor solution.

Terry1979
Journeyman
Options

Still the same after the recent update. Anyone had any improvement?

0 Likes
Sooshi
Student
Options

20220215_215131.jpg

 2.32 instead of 3. No improvement...

0 Likes
SteveGW4
First Poster
Options

Wow mine is closer to 50% inaccurate! Although I've only worn the GW4 on the treadmill my previous GW3 had the same exact problem (close to 50% inaccurate), even after running 5-7 miles outside for months (accurate outside, not on treadmill). It's been winter since I've started using the GW4 so I only run inside.. But even if I ran outside it wouldn't help calibrate it as it's the same issue as the previous watch.. 

20220313_215730.jpg

20220313_214213.jpg

0 Likes
tonterooni
First Poster
Options

I recently got a treadmill and have had a galaxy watch 4 since Christmas. all of my treadmill activity has been so off its unbelievable. I run 5k most mornings and my watch shows between 3.69km  to 4.04km for my 5k runs.  There has got to be a way for Samsung to fix this!!  

0 Likes