Go to solution Solved

Virgin Media and Universal Remote setup

(Topic created on: 21-08-2021 07:19 AM)
JimElson
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me.

I have Samsung QN95A TV with Virgin Media TV 360 Box. I have been trying to setup the universal remote on my TV so I could use the remote to control Virgin. 

When I search for virgin box model which is DCX960/KKOB/N215/1000, it is being found fine. I select it, try testing the volume and it doesn't work. I have tried many times now but it simply won't work. 

I find it really annoying not being able to use my TV with one remote.

Have any of you had similar problems and what can you recommend me to try and solve it?

Many thanks in advance!

Go to solution
45 REPLIES 45
Baz62
First Poster
Options

Thanks for posting that ...yours was the first answer that came up in Google so saved me a lot of time. My Sammy Samsung is behaving perfectly now.

0 Likes
Bazzamer
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a new Samsung CU8500 55 TV, been trying to setup Virgin with one remote,have spent many weeks trying, with all the codes etc suggested but won’t work. My Virgin box is a V6 yet on the side it says it’s a Arris DCX960/Kk0B/N215/1000, which seems like the new 360, have everything, some people say you can’t control Virgin and Samsung from one remote. But I have friends who have it working, but they have a really old TIVO box. Would appreciate anyone who has any ideas on how to get it to work, please bear in mind that I have tried most.

Many thanks for all the good ideas, could not find out how to post to everyone, as it just says reply,  sorry Jim did not know what to do.

Thanks

Barry

0 Likes
Bazzamer
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have what seems to be the same box, but mine is a V6, on the side says Arris with the same code, but def not a 360, also tried Pace DCR7111 but that don’t work either. I have tried so many codes and makes but none seem to work, will try Virgin, but unfortunately they are a bit Hopeless, but let’s just say some staff.

thanks

Barry

0 Likes
Members_JCt0RCS
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Did you find the solution?

I would say make sure you have the latest box by virgin.

Some people tried the ott box way.

What worked for me:

Universal remote setup - - > Select cable/satellite--> postcode-->. Virgin ---> up/down 3-4 time. On the side, it will say select other manufacture. Select pace. Then model number: DCR7111.

Hope that clears up any confusion as I had  kept trying through the ott box method 

0 Likes
David Brady
Apprentice
Options

thank you,  this worked a treat for me,  not sure how someone worked that out but very grateful 

0 Likes
Bazzamer
First Poster
Options

Hi, Sorry but this did not work for me, my new tv is a CU8500 and tried so many times it does not like DCR7111 just asks for code again, it thinks it is DCX960 tried that nothing seems to work. The box is correct but just won’t work. A friend has an older tv and it works just fine, but mine is a 23 model so something may have changed. Thanks for the info, I have given up now, as been trying since I got it. Thanks

0 Likes