Go to solution Solved

Virgin Media and Universal Remote setup

(Topic created on: 21-08-2021 07:19 AM)
JimElson
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me.

I have Samsung QN95A TV with Virgin Media TV 360 Box. I have been trying to setup the universal remote on my TV so I could use the remote to control Virgin. 

When I search for virgin box model which is DCX960/KKOB/N215/1000, it is being found fine. I select it, try testing the volume and it doesn't work. I have tried many times now but it simply won't work. 

I find it really annoying not being able to use my TV with one remote.

Have any of you had similar problems and what can you recommend me to try and solve it?

Many thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JimElson
Journeyman
Options

I finally found the solution. So, instead of entering the model of my Virgin 360 box when setting up Universal Remote which was Arris DCX960/KKOB/N215/1000, I have used - Pace DCR7111. 

Hoping the above would help someone who was as frustrated as me.

P.S. I found the answer on Virgin Forum

View solution in context

45 REPLIES 45
AndrewL
Options

@JimElson: I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble setting up you Virgin box with the Universal Remote feature. Have you tried reaching out to Virgin to check if the box is compatible? Also, is the box connected directly to the TV via HDMI, with no obstacles in the way, and are you attempting the setup via Home > Source > Universal Remote? 

0 Likes
JimElson
Journeyman
Options

Hey, thanks for the suggestions! I am pretty sure that TV and Virgin box are compatible, because I've managed to connect them before but something happened and it stopped working all of a sudden. So I've tried re-connecting again and it won't work. I

Yes, I have been setting it up via Home>Source>Universal Remote....

Virgin box is connected to the TV directly (via Samsung one box).

I don't see it being a Virgin media issue..

0 Likes
Solution
JimElson
Journeyman
Options

I finally found the solution. So, instead of entering the model of my Virgin 360 box when setting up Universal Remote which was Arris DCX960/KKOB/N215/1000, I have used - Pace DCR7111. 

Hoping the above would help someone who was as frustrated as me.

P.S. I found the answer on Virgin Forum

yschimke
Apprentice
Options

Upgrading to Virgin 360, my samsung TV stopped controlling channels of the Virgin cable box.  Selecting Pace DCR7111 as the device type worked perfectly.

Thanks!

Stumc10
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the info, my remote is back in business 😊

Chloe-123
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much, this has taken me two days, so many hours of trying different things but this worked. I’m so happy, thank you so much for sharing 

Rasher77
Student
Options

Hey.   Thanks for the solution.  However I’m still unable to turn my QE95A and Virgin 360 box off using the remote.   The TV turns off but the 360 box stays on when pressing standby on the small remote ( solar powered one ).   Everything else works like volume ans change channel etc. just not the standby.   Any ideas folks ?   Thanks 

Al

0 Likes
Nuge89
Student
Options

I’m so sorry but I can’t find where to actually enter the model of my Virgin 360 box?! If I go Universal Remote > Universal Remote set up > new device, I just get an option of ‘cable/satellite box’, ‘home theatre’, ‘OTT Box/games console’ or ‘blue ray player’… I can’t select an actual model? HELP! This is driving me insane!!!

JimElson
Journeyman
Options
You need to:
1) select satellite box > tv directly
2) enter your postcode
3) select virgin
4) select hdmi that your virgin box is connected to
5) hit channel up and select no for 3 or 5 times. After that it will offer you to search for model of your box manually.

Hope it helps.